The Green Green Grass axed!

With comfirmation from the BBC that Green Grass has been axed, very few people are probably angry - but I am. What does everyone else feel about this?

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/05/08/exclusive-finally-is-it-the-last-last-of-the-summer-wine-115875-21340814/

There is a god.

Shit Shit Grass. As we would have called it in our house, had we been bothered enough to think about it.

When I have watched this show I have quite liked it but with viewing figures slipping it makes sense to let it end now.

Whether it's a good decision will depend on what they spend that money on obviously.

Quote: Nick @ May 14 2009, 10:47 AM BST

When I have watched this show I have quite liked it but with viewing figures slipping it makes sense to let it end now.

Whether it's a good decision will depend on what they spend that money on obviously.

What were the viewing figures? And how do they compare with a show like Not Going Out?

It's set near where I live. Fact.

Quote: chipolata @ May 14 2009, 10:49 AM BST

What were the viewing figures? And how do they compare with a show like Not Going Out?

I could be completely wrong but I think I read that they had dropped from 6 million to 4 million in the last series. A good number still but perhaps the BBC could only see them falling further as the novelty of being a spin-off has worn off.

Quote: Robert D @ May 14 2009, 10:23 AM BST

With comfirmation from the BBC that Green Grass has been axed, very few people are probably angry - but I am. What does everyone else feel about this?

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/05/08/exclusive-finally-is-it-the-last-last-of-the-summer-wine-115875-21340814/

I'm not angry, but I am disappointed. There's some interesting stuff coming up this year (I'm particularly looking forward to the new sitcom co-starring Tony Robinson), but we should have more sitcoms, not less.

Quote: Nick @ May 14 2009, 11:08 AM BST

I could be completely wrong but I think I read that they had dropped from 6 million to 4 million in the last series.

That is what it said in the article linked to in the first post. :)

One of the reason the first series viewing figures were high was because it shown straight after EastEnders.

Good, it was rubbish.

Thank the lord it was rubbish. How it got past 1 series is beyond me!!

By being funny. :)

Quote: Aaron @ May 14 2009, 3:18 PM BST

By being funny. :)

In what sense is weak writing and cardboard characterisations funny? I realise humour is a very personal thing and what's more I don't care. This WAS shite from kick off.

Are there any new comedies in the pipeline? They seem to be axing a lot presumably with new stuff in mind.

Quote: Yellows 586 @ May 14 2009, 9:29 PM BST

Are there any new comedies in the pipeline? They seem to be axing a lot presumably with new stuff in mind.

Quote: Aaron @ May 14 2009, 11:50 AM BST

There's some interesting stuff coming up this year (I'm particularly looking forward to the new sitcom co-starring Tony Robinson), but we should have more sitcoms, not less.

Also: https://www.comedy.co.uk/schedule/coming_up/