How far do you live from where you were born? Page 9

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 11 2009, 5:06 PM BST

"Walk into ze pants."
from The Tick, Season 1

:D Love The Tick.

Spoon!

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 12 2009, 3:55 PM BST

It's not tricky to hold twins at the same time. I managed to feed both of mine in the middle of the night simulateneously. And this was with bottles, not conveniently-situated milk-dispensing nipples. It doesn't take long to master the technique of holding two babas and two bottles at the same time. :)

Blimey, my OH got away with all that.

If I hunt down a photo of me demonstrating the technique, I'll send it to you to prove it can be done.

I live 12 miles from where I was born but work half a mile from there. It is also where the next Ryder Cup will be held.

I don't like the taste of breast milk by the way :) So God knows what babies see in it.

It tastes excellent in coffee, as I recall.

I live in the street next to the hospital I was born in, which is handy if I ever decide to have a heart attack or something.

And quite a nice circle if you die there.

A study of the DNA of the British showed that most of us were descended from Britons, I heard. So while various cultures come and go, the people tend to stay the same.

I saw a ... DNA biologist persony type scientist, describe those types of tests as being akin to saying that because we have 4 limbs and body hair, we're 60% dog. But an interesting stastic anyway.

(Or 100% if you go into a bar in Newcastle/Liverpool/any other place in the North.)

Quote: NoggetFred @ July 14 2009, 9:02 PM BST

A study of the DNA of the British showed that most of us were descended from Britons, I heard. So while various cultures come and go, the people tend to stay the same.

By Britons they mean Celts and Anglo Saxons?

Quote: NoggetFred @ July 14 2009, 9:02 PM BST

Go back far enough and you'll find you all came from Africa (via the Middle East and Europe) like just about everyone else on the planet. I've had my DNA tested and my ancestors appear to have come from England via Scandinavia. Vikings, perhaps?

An interesting map:

http://www.kerchner.com/images/dna/ydna_migrationmap_%28FTDNA2006%29.jpg

DaButt, if you didn't at the time, go away now and download The Incredible Human Journey.

I had my DNA tested, turns out I missed out on evoloution. Bit of a shocker that, are there classes I can take or something?

Quote: Aaron @ July 14 2009, 9:38 PM BST

DaButt, if you didn't at the time, go away now and download The Incredible Human Journey.

I downloaded the first 3 episodes but forgot to watch them. Just began downloading the last 2 episodes and I'll try to remember to start watching tonight. It sounded like an interesting series.

Begin now. *cracks whip*