That Mitchell And Webb Look - Series 3 Page 11

I thought last night's was quite good although the very last ending sketch was a bit crap.
I really liked the 'Cressps' sketch, especially the catch phrase for it "what? that doesn't even make sense" HA! it was hilarious.

I hated the quick 5 second sketches that seem to belong to that awful 'Kevin Bishop Show'. Chanel 4 and 5 TV show advert spoofs/parodies don't really suit this show. They should just stick to social observations, film parodies and gameshow sketches with the odd bit of sillines thrown in (like Angel Summoner BMX Bandit)

Also, did anyone else think that orgy sketch was reminiscent of that genius 'Big Train' sketch where Simon Pegg seems like he wants to use his friend's toilet by saying 'Can I just use your....' and then grabs Mark Heaps wife (Tracy Ann Oberman) out of the living room and shags her and Peggs own wife (Rebecca Front) acts like it's no big deal and that she knew what Pegg intended to do but Mark Heap is just really annoyed like anyone would be in real life.

Very much liked the homeopathic A&E, but possibly too many sketches trying to make a point, with Soothsayer and Melon. On the whole I prefer the silly stuff such as Butler. A few sketches were a bit meh (e,g. Orgy, Cressps) but still much the best sketch show going - and great to see them using runners sparingly.

Quote: Timbo @ July 3 2009, 10:51 PM BST

Very much liked the homeopathic A&E,

I enjoyed that one but thought they should've stopped before the bar bit.

Quote: Timbo @ July 3 2009, 10:51 PM BST

and Melon.

Was that the Kitchen Nightmares one?

The atheist melon seeds!

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 3 2009, 10:56 PM BST

I enjoyed that one but thought they should've stopped before the bar bit.

I though the homeopathic lager was inspired. Mind you I think I have been in a few pubs that served the stuff...

I thought it let the sketch tail off a bit. Maybe they should have come back to it later.

I still don't like it.

Liked the homeopathic A&E. And 'The Event' runner still strangely tickles me long after it's run out of ideas - but that's sort-of part of the point with this sketch, I feel. Didn't like Ramsey spoof/athetist melon/butler/orgy and tired of Get Me Hennimore. The "behind the scenes" sketches were weak this week. Not hit and miss, more near-hit and miss. Still the best sketch show around though.

Recently I find that the sketches I enjoy most are largely those featuring David Mitchell. I never used to feel this way about the Mitchell and Webb partnership, but following the huge exposure David Mitchell has had, I now find I can identify (what I think is) his mark more easily.

Of course, my impression might be entirely wrong, it could be that they have a great writing partnership and I'm simply influenced by my preconceptions.

I liked Robert Webb kicking the penguin and other stuff, but mostly the penguin.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 4 2009, 12:15 PM BST

I liked Robert Webb kicking the penguin and other stuff, but mostly the penguin.

me too!
...even if I am an animal-loving vegetarian...

BTW - Nice avatar ;)

Peep Show is exellent, but good sketch shows are very rare thesedays. They're out of their depth here. It's not even that much better than Horne and Corden.

I think the last sketch shows I really loved were the Armando Ianucci Shows and Big Train. Alot of shite and mediocre ones recently. OK so Mitchell and Webb might be semi watchable at times, but it's no more than mediocre I'm afraid.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ July 6 2009, 2:24 PM BST

It's not even that much better than Horne and Corden.

... o_O

Yes, the argument kind of lost all credibility at that stage.