4Laughs alternative? Page 2

Quote: paul watson @ August 8, 2007, 5:52 PM

I've had 2 emails from 4laughs users asking about the "other site" lol so I may be shipping over more 4laughers to the promised land.

"They're takin our jobs!!"

Promised Land... now that made me laugh.

I don't want to know what your promising.

Quote: ajp29 @ August 8, 2007, 5:28 PM

I think as you quoted it Nick you have to pay the fines back Laughing out loud

Bah !

Quote: paul watson @ August 8, 2007, 5:52 PM

I've had 2 emails from 4laughs users asking about the "other site" lol so I may be shipping over more 4laughers to the promised land.

Tut. There goes Paul 'Moses' Watson again :)

If people want us to try and offer similar functionality to 4Laughs on the new website I'm sure it is something we can offer (to a degree).

The reason we haven't done it to date is because everyone seemed happy using 4Laughs for that kind of thing and, more to the point, I've had a lack of time to create said functionality (at the moment creating the new site is taking up all my spare time [I have a day job too]).

I don't think we'll ever be able to match 4Laughs in terms of their industry connections though. I've got a few established writers and producers in my address book who I talk to from time to time. It's very hard to ask them to come and comment on stuff though - they're busy people after all.

Going forward they may be willing to judge the odd competition though and some have already said they'll write articles for the writers section of the new website (a couple of which should be exciting as they'll be from household names).

Quote: Mark @ August 8, 2007, 6:54 PM

If people want us to try and offer similar functionality to 4Laughs on the new website I'm sure it is something we can offer (to a degree).

The reason we haven't done it to date is because everyone seemed happy using 4Laughs for that kind of thing and, more to the point, I've had a lack of time to create said functionality (at the moment creating the new site is taking up all my spare time - I have a day job too).

I don't think we'll ever be able to match 4Laughs in terms of their industry connections though. I've got a few established writers and producers in my address book who I talk to from time to time. It's very hard to ask them to come and comment on stuff though - they're busy people after all.

Going forward they may be willing to judge the odd competition though and some have already said they'll write articles for the writers section of the new website (a couple of which should be exciting as they'll be from household names).

I think 4laughs is changing and becoming less writer-orientated and more of a "fun" site... so it might be worth keeping an eye on what they do in September...

I like the interactive style of 4 laughs, the comps etc. Plus the people are nice and so are the eds.

If you can match that and have a lively forum without facist mods then you're onto a winner.

P.S. the people seem nice here too.

Quote: jacparov @ August 8, 2007, 8:47 PM

I like the interactive style of 4 laughs, the comps etc. Plus the people are nice and so are the eds.

If you can match that and have a lively forum without facist mods then you're onto a winner.

Yeah they do seem nice here don't they, they just need to get used to the incoming Master Race from 4laughs! ;)

(just a jest... keep that flame thrower steady...)

4Laughs have added some new features, daily news, ect. The links dont work, but still, it's nice their trying.

By the way, if you want to have a look at the ideas being thrown around and suggest some yourself go here - http://www.leevil.co.uk/forums/Blah.pl?

:)

Quote: jacparov @ August 8, 2007, 8:47 PM

We're not really!

Quote: Nick Rivers @ August 8, 2007, 5:26 PM

£1 please.

£1 please

What are you, a tramp?

Quote: David Chapman @ August 8, 2007, 9:52 PM

We're not really!

f**k off David. I'm nice!

Quote: Frankie Rage @ August 8, 2007, 9:07 PM

Yeah they do seem nice here don't they, they just need to get used to the incoming Master Race from 4laughs! ;)

(just a jest... keep that flame thrower steady...)

They're saying they're not nice now, not that it matters... ;)

I posted a caption suggestion Pete Waterman was a child offender on 4laughes and they said it didnt pass their legal team.

I mean, if you can't say that in comedy nowadays, what can you say?

Phew! I finally found this place. I have come on a long and troublesome pilgramage to find this forum as I was told by Paul that this was the 'Promised Land'. I decided to follow him in the hope it would turn into a journey similar to that of the 'Land Before Time' saga. But not as long. I immediately notice alot of names that I recognise, so hello. And then also some names that I don't, so hello. Now what to do next in this new land of opportunity...

Welcome Butter.

Yes welcome BSD, I hope you're working on another quick news sketch! The last one was very funny.