Flight Of The Conchords Page 16

Quote: Spagett @ February 28 2009, 3:48 PM GMT

Maybe you don't like it because you are not able to slip into the coma and understand whats happening like you can when watching Life of Riley or Coming of Age.

Nah, it's just regularly interrupted with shocking excuses for 'music'. :)

Fair enough, this series the music hasn't been too clever and the best thing about it is the non-music stuff anyway.

New Series starts tonight on BBC Four.
I'm looking forward to it.

I much prefer the bits inbetween the songs too.
But I do love SOME of the songs. A good 70% I could do without. But there are a few brilllllllliant ones. :)

Quote: Griff @ May 12 2009, 9:25 PM BST

Jermaine's film Eagle vs Shark is much better than Conchords, it's very funny.

Really? Has anyone else on here seen it? If I can get a handful of you saying it's good, I'll buy it.

I've seen Eagle vs Shark and thought it was okay. Not great, but okay. 6/10. More like Napoleon Dynamite than Conchords.

I thought last night's episode was pretty average, to be honest.

Quote: Griff @ May 12 2009, 9:25 PM BST

I like Flight of the Conchords, but for the sitcom stuff inbetween the music. The songs are a bit dull really. Once you realise "OK they're spoofing the Pet Shop Boys now" you just wait for each song to finish.

How often do comedy songs work in their own right, though? Not often. There were a few corkers in the first seven or eight years of The Simpsons, but most strike me as filler. And in Conchords they definitely don't add anything for me. Save for giving me a second to nip to the toilet.

And Uncle F**ker.

Quote: Griff @ May 13 2009, 12:40 PM BST

Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bitch is a pretty funny song.

That was a classic.
No wonder they brought it back for the movie.

Why is this on BBC 4? Surley this has such a following that it could be justified to be on a better day/time/channel.

My little groan over...

Quote: Daddy Maz @ May 13 2009, 3:00 PM BST

Why is this on BBC 4? Surley this has such a following that it could be justified to be on a better day/time/channel.

Doubtful. I like it a lot, but it's never going to pull in a lot of viewers. And it gets a pretty decent slot on Beeb 4.

and it's not even on iPlayer?

Bobbins

I take it a lot of people on here know that the actor who plays Brett, played an Elf, in Lord of the Rings? His character didn't actually have a name, but fans made one up for him. You can read about it on Wikipedia (this information may well have been mentioned on last night's BBC Four documentary, but I missed it).

Speaking of the documentary, can anyone who saw it tell me if they mentioned how they managed to get the show on HBO?

First episode felt a bit flat. Hope it picks up for the rest of the series.

So, does anyone know how they managed to get on HBO?