Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 64

691 and rising...

These petitions don't tend to make a difference but I've signed it as it's the only way I feel I can make a difference. It is actually really nice to read so many messages of affection people have put on the petition. I think what upsets people most is the absolute brain-dead dribble which continues to air yet a programme of genuine quality gets axed.

I'm still absolutley baffled by what's happened. It seems to defy logic that the BBC would axe a programme so funny and unique, which was growing in popularity by the week. Are they really that stupid?!

I am devastated.

How could the BBC do such a thing??!?!

I've signed it.
I'm also getting everyone I know to sign it.
And if that doesn't work, I'm going to make up names and then sign it on 'their' behalf.

It can't get axed, it just can't. :(

Over 1000 signtures now. Another 4million and we might get somewhere with this.

So Not Going Out has been cancelled. Not before time ...

Not everybody's going to agree with you there, mate. Let the backlash begin.

I've just done my signing on this. I'm number 1203. I feel as though I've done my bit now!

I don't want to be Gary Grouch, but when has an online petition ever achieved anything?

Yes.

Quote: Aaron @ April 6 2009, 4:56 PM BST

Yes.

Evidence?

Because the way I see it, if people can't be arsed watching a show (which is one of the main reasons for cancellation), then a petition won't matter a jot.

I know they've made a difference to things being released on DVD or not. But I have no idea about anything else.

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2009, 5:19 PM BST

I have no idea about anything else.

I'm glad you can finally admit that. :)

I actually knew you would do that, but couldn't be arsed to reword my post. :)

Quote: chipolata @ April 6 2009, 5:17 PM BST

Evidence?

Because the way I see it, if people can't be arsed watching a show (which is one of the main reasons for cancellation), then a petition won't matter a jot.

True - although it seems that poor ratings aren't the reason for this show getting cancelled (particularly since the ratings weren't bad!) so this could be a situation where strength of opinion could override the other factors that led to the decision.

So what were the reasons?

Quote: chipolata @ April 6 2009, 5:17 PM BST

if people can't be arsed watching a show (which is one of the main reasons for cancellation)

Not in this case.