Frasier Page 2

Quote: Nick @ January 17, 2007, 8:43 AM

I think that Frasier went through 4 stages. The first 4 series are probably the best but series 5-7 were still very good. The showrunnners left then however and series 8-10 are best avoided. They then pulled out all the stops for series 11 and I think it worked. It proved a fitting end for the show.

Good summing up. Certainly improved again by the very end.

Seem to remember Channel 4 all but giving up on it. Think by the last season it was on in the middle of the week at an obscure time (even the last episode wasn't given much of a farewell). Odd when you consider that they bang on it about it being one of their best imports.

Frasier went down hill at around Season 7. Seasons 9 and 10 were just awful and Season 11 was basically rubbish, in my opinion. I think it got to the point where I forgot it was meant to be even funny. Does anyone expect to laugh at Seasons 8,9,10, and 11?

I've just started watching this on C4 (when it's on). Never seen it before. I must say, it's not bad. It's good enough for me to look up the boxsets on Amazon.

I'm a HUGE Frasier fanatic. I must have seen every single episode about ten times or more. I started liking it back in '99. I was about ten and my parents loved it, I watched it too, and loved it!

In my view, it's the only exceptionally funny American sitcom - and, it has to be said, it's probably the most successful sitcom of all time. Of course, it went down hill after Season 6 - even John Mahoney admits that - but when it was good, from Season 1 - 6, it was amazing. So many great, great episodes.

I was watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire last night, and one of the quesions was, "In the sitcom Frasier, what was the breed of the dog Eddie, owned by Frasier's dad Martin Crane". The guy had to phone a friend!

And he and Chris kept saying "Frazier" ... whoever he is.

Quote: Dave @ July 25, 2007, 11:37 AM

I was watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire last night, and one of the quesions was, "In the sitcom Frasier, what was the breed of the dog Eddie, owned by Frasier's dad Martin Crane". The guy had to phone a friend!

Errr, I'm afraid I have no clue either. Complete guess... Jack Russell or something? :S

Final answer? You're right; it's Jack Russel! You win 32,000 pounds!"

For someone who knows nothing about dogs, I think that I did pretty well there. Cool

You did. And they didn't mention it in the show (as far as I can remember).

I think David Hyde Pierce should have his own show. He was stupendous as Niles!

This was one of those shows that struggled to be more popular than Seinfeld and Friends, but never could manage.

Not sure why. Over-all, it's much better show than either of those.

Frankly, I think it was on for too long. America's TV audience was smarter in the early 90s than it was in the later 90s/early 2000's. It should have run for 7 years, then cut off. Now, our audience is getting smarter, so it's on TV over 5 times a day. Popular in re-runs, but not popular when it originally aired. what a shame.

I think it was more popular than Seineld or Friends; or perhaps more popular with a different demographic. It seems to be me that whenever I mention Frasier to people outside my family, nobody replies because they just haven't seen it. But if you mention Friends, which you don't need to engage your brain for, then they will. I think particularly the 18-29 demographic of people like Friends because it's talking about what they're doing, i.e dating etc. and it's more "hip" - hence the coffee house boom in Britain. But it could be that they're too lazy and/or not clever enough to appreciate the sophisication of Frasier.

I think most people are put off by the "sophistication" of Frasier and if they give it a chance they'll realise it's his downfall and the butt of the joke.

I think you're right, Leevil.

I didnt like Frasier until about a year ago...but Ive been watching it almost all weekend now on Paramount Comedy 2-and its becoem one of my favourites. The character interaction is just perfect in my opinion.

It's like a fine wine Scats, throw away the glass and drink straight from the bottle.

Not that I drink fine wine or wine...

:P

Back to You debuts tonight - or, during the early hours, depends where
you are.

From: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/379667/back_to_you_new_show_on_fox_this_fall.html

Back To You is a new comedy from Fox that will debut on Wednesday, September 19th at 8pm. The main premise of the show is the inner workings of a news station, primarily focusing on the two lead anchors played by Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton. Grammer plays Chuck Darling, who had gone off to Los Angeles to hit the big time, but returns to his old Pittsburgh news station after his career falls flat. The homecoming is not fondly accepted by co-star Patricia Heaton in the role of Kelly Carr, who used to date Darling before he made the run to the coast. Now they are forced to work together in what surely will spell disaster for both of the superiority complexes, and lead to many laughs for the audience that decides to tune in to the show.

I will watch tomorrow night after work ;)