Sharon Horgan

After having enjoyed the first episode of Free Agents, recent repeats of Pulling and a few episodes of Angelo's on Paramount 2 last night, I have realised even more just how talented Sharon Horgan is. Does anyone else agree that she is one of, if not the, best female comedy actress around at the moment? I find her really inspirational, being a new female comedy writer myself, as it's great to see a successful female comedy writer. I can't believe that Pulling has not been re-commissioned!

She is good. Jonathan Ross had her - in a manner of speaking - on his Radio 2 show on saturday. Funny woman and a lovely accent- although I much prefer her tarty primary school teacher mate.

Yep, I like her.

She's very good, although with Pulling being cancelled and that Channel 5 show being scheduled in the graveyard slot despite being okay, you wonder how many more good sitcoms she has in her.

As a female comedy writer is the name Quentin a help or a hindrance?

Quote: Marc P @ February 17 2009, 10:22 AM GMT

As a female comedy writer is the name Quentin a help or a hindrance?

It is a bit of an issue but it's no where near as debilitating as my lack of talent!

I like her.

I like her too.

What happened to that Five show a few years ago about the café called Angelo's - she wrote that too didn't she?

As somebody once asked - has it got a second series?

Last year I had the pleasure of talking to Sharon. Interview here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/pulling/interview/

Blenkinsop - as she says in the interview, Angelo's is not coming back. Which is a shame, as I liked it.

Great interview Mark - thanks for the link. I think I'd read it before but it was interesting to read again. Shame about Angelo's as I quite enjoyed the episodes I saw the other night. Thanks again!

She's also an inspiration for Irish writers who would prefer to bypass the insular Irish market.

I think Sharon is talented but isn't the best around at the moment. I would say that has to be Ruth Jones who also writes but plays a much bigger range of characters. Horgan, tends to play the same role: struggling with relationships. But I am a fan, she does it well.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 17 2009, 12:59 PM GMT

What happened to that Five show a few years ago about the café called Angelo's - she wrote that too didn't she?

As has been noted a couple of times, no new episodes are to be made, but it's getting repeated on Paramount 2 if you want to catch it again.

Oi! What's with changing my caff to café. It's what they're called in Lahndahn san.

I'm not a bleedin' peasant you know? I lurnt fings a skool.

Oh yeah and thanks for the tip about Angelo's

Pronounciation doesn't equate to spelling. God, about 80% of the OED would need rewriting if that were the case!