The Office: An American Workplace Page 11

The hour-long episode that aired at the unusual hour of 10:30 p.m. following the Super Bowl was a real winner. The opening was hilarious and I'll never get that image of Dwight out of my head.

This far better than the English version. In that the bit part characters are bit part but every single character is a character. It also looks more at the reason for it's lead character's idiocy. There was an amazing scene in bring your daughter to work day, where a video of Micheal Scott as a seven year old was shown, which revealed his one ambition in life was to have a wife and kids- I guess you'd have to watch the ep in question to get it's full power.

Also Aaron, my name is Russel Anderson not Sebstian.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ February 3 2009, 12:23 AM GMT

There was an amazing scene in bring your daughter to work day, where a video of Micheal Scott as a seven year old was shown, which revealed his one ambition in life was to have a wife and kids- I guess you'd have to watch the ep in question to get it's full power.

That was a good episode. :)

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ February 3 2009, 12:23 AM GMT

Also Aaron, my name is Russel Anderson not Sebstian.

...?

Superbowl episode was great, especially the opening. I laughed so hard.

Andy trying to crack Jim and Pam's code was the highlight for me. Especially at the end.

Steve Carroll is probably better as a lead than Gervais. The only character in the American series who is far and away better in the American one is the Dawn/Pam character.

I'm on Season 4 Episode 4 at the minute. It's good :)

Will this ever return to UK TV?

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ February 4 2009, 5:20 PM GMT

Steve Carroll is probably better as a lead than Gervais. The only character in the American series who is far and away better in the American one is the Dawn/Pam character.

Gervais embodies Brent as a unique character.

Carell plays a goon, sufficiently well-explored to be likable, but a broad character nonetheless, and weak next to his British counterpart.

Rainn Wilson's Dwight Schrute is the character triumph of the American version.

I would agree on the Dwight Schrute card.
But besides that I think the two shows have moved their characters in different directions and really embody the culture of the country that in comes from.
I'd love to see different countries take on the show (as long as they were given artistic freedom to develop them).

Well, for a while now I've been wondering where the flip season 4 has got to on ITV2 and I've found out.

Somebody else had the same query and asked the Radio Times, and it appears we won't be getting season 4 until next bastard year, on ITV2, due to 'scheduling difficulties'!

Which I presume means they treasure Katie effing Price and Paris what's my job again Hilton, a little more they do than The Office.

What a bunch of shit-heads! Yes, I said shit-heads!

Why don't BBC Four, or 2, pick up this gem, instead of letting it fester on ITV2?! Why do ITV2 even want it, they don't act like they do!!

Exactamundo!