The Office: An American Workplace Page 9

I don't usually rate the extras on DVD's, but the deleted scenes on The Office are excellent. They're easily up to the high standard of the show, and their enough offcuts from each episode to make up their own mini-episode. Good stuff, well worth checking out.

Any thoughts on last night's season opener?

Felt a tiny bit rushed, the summer "catch up" whizzing through 7 weeks could have done with a full hour (or covering less time) but The Office rushed is still so much better than anything else anyway!

Also - some of the best stuff is now coming from knowing the characters so well (something the UK Office, obviousley, could never do) It reminds me of Friends where gags like "could i BE wearing any more clothes" work so well because we know what it means. The scene on the scales with the "hold it in your mouth" advice from Dwight and Jim's surprise....we all know he's waiting to hear "that's what she said" :D

Kelly is still a bit boring and i think the Ryan thing has been covered now...and the Michael / Holly thing is so much better anyway - when he ripped the stuff at the end - sooooo funny and yet soooo sad!

Highlight for me was Holly and Kevin...."whoooo, back up"

Look forward to next weeks.

Yeah, it was a tiny bit rushed. Even though I don't like Ryan's character much I'm glad he's back. "I don't think I processed 9/11," lol. I think Kelly is great. She has my in hysterics whenever she's talking to the camera. Also liked Stanley's victory air-punch at the end.

I agree it did feel a bit rushed but still overall another funny episode with great use of cringe humor.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ September 29 2008, 5:02 PM BST

Also liked Stanley's victory air-punch at the end.

It was a Black Power salute. Looks like Stan has a slightly radial past :D

haha yea I had forgot about that. Stan's awesome.
I really like the new character they added she's really funny, a light version of Michael Scott.

What channel is this on?

NBC I think.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 30 2008, 3:04 PM BST

NBC I think.

Ah... its all become clear now. Should be on ITV2 next millennia then.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 30 2008, 3:12 PM BST

Ah... its all become clear now. Should be on ITV2 next millennia then.

Yes, at 10:30pm followed by an episode 3 weeks later (which actually preceeds the one you just watched) on at 4:45am. And so ends the series.

I'd wonder if they could ever get viewers at any time...The Office wasn't watched on TV by huge numbers (at outset) and 50% of The Office fans won't watch this anyway (wrongly)

It's odd because the things that people who didn't watch The Office found hard (Brent, cringe, etc) are far less in the US version and the "fun" element much higher. I'd have thought (if people were tied to a chair for the first 3 episodes) it would be a bigger hit than our's was (as it already is)

I thought the new episode tonight was the best one yet for this current season. That's all I'll say as I know a lot of you haven't seen it yet.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but what are peoples thoughts on keeping Ryan in the show? Personally I felt his storyline came to its natural conclusion at the end of season 4 and having him back in the office and behind reception (although funny in the first instance) feels a little forced to keep in the show.

If memory serves the guy that plays Ryan actually writes for the show so I don't know if this had anything to do with it.

Oh, no, I like him back on the show. He's so weird now. Also a lot of his lines are hilarious. I didn't like him at first though.