The Office: An American Workplace Page 4

Just had my Sky cut-off!

:(

You should always pay your bills! No one likes a debtor, so it's better if my orders are obeyed.

This is a great show, and totally seperate to the British original. I think I might actually prefer the American one now. According to the Radio Times, sereis three starts on ITV2 next week, with new Entourage on either before or after; not too shabby a double bill I think you'll agree.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 25, 2008, 8:36 PM

This is a great show, and totally seperate to the British original. I think I might actually prefer the American one now.

Fact.

If you look at them as completely separate programs and look at what they are trying to achieve, I would definitely prefer to watch the american version.

Are we still talking about The Office, or is it Only Fools and Horses and The Green Green Grass now?

Quote: Aaron @ January 26, 2008, 8:49 AM

Are we still talking about The Office, or is it Only Fools and Horses and The Green Green Grass now?

You have to watch them as separate programs, if you're always comparing the two then of course the American version will never seem any good....like any music cover songs, if you compare the two, you always prefer the original. It's even more important in this case because of the style of humour they are using. The English version is more subtle, but the American is in your face. Watch them as separate entities.

Talking of hot women in the American version of the Office, I also like the Indian girl.

According to the Radio Times, sereis three starts on ITV2 next week, with new Entourage on either before or after; not too shabby a double bill I think you'll agree.

It is a strong line up. Unfortunately, I'll bet they stay in that time slot for about six weeks tops, then they'll be bounced into the early hours of the morning.

Quote: chipolata @ January 31, 2008, 4:22 PM

I'll bet they stay in that time slot for about six weeks tops, then they'll be bounced into the early hours of the morning.

I thought that so ordered season 2 & 3 on DVD today...only got as far as half way through season 2 on Paramount.

I enjoyed the UK Office as an experience, but as a long running show, the US version is better for me. Steve Carell is just so much more likeable - i couldn't handle David Brent for more than 12 episodes :D

The Halloween episode's a good example - at the end you feel for him home alone. They had to sack for Brent to extract any sympathy for the bloke!

According to the Radio Times, sereis three starts on ITV2 next week, with new Entourage on either before or after; not too shabby a double bill I think you'll agree.

That is a good line-up, ITV are on a bit of a roll at the minute what with them also buying Pushing Daisies which will be put on at prime time and they've also bought Dexter!

Quote: Martin Holmes @ January 31, 2008, 7:03 PM

That is a good line-up, ITV are on a bit of a roll at the minute what with them also buying Pushing Daisies which will be put on at prime time and they've also bought Dexter!

They've also signed Vernon Kay in a three-year "golden handcuffs" deal.

Quote: Aaron @ January 31, 2008, 8:02 PM

They've also signed Vernon Kay in a three-year "golden handcuffs" deal.

Can't have it all I suppose.

When next week does it start?

Ah... Today at 11:30pm on ITV 2

It's going up against This Week. Not a chance.

Next week then?

There's always ITV2+1?