British Comedy Awards 2006 Page 2

What did Chris Morris say or do?

i think its on youtube blahd type in chris morris and search for it im too lazy to link sorry dude

If you're bored enough its good TV. I've placed my vote for green wing, and although there is plenty of terrible comedy nominated, i think its been quite a good year TV wise. Inevitably Little Britain will win and i inevitably will be angry.

There is only one thing in the full nominations that deserves an award and that is Ant and Dec Saturday night takeaway though not seen many of the other things. On viewers choice I can say now who will win and who will be 2nd and who will be in top 4. Lets see if I'm right when its on.

The top 4 will be:

1st (winner) Little Britain (I would LOVE to be wrong with this)
2nd Ant and Dec Saturday night takeaway
And the other 2 will be Friday Night with Jonathan Ross and Green wing 3rd and 4th not sure which will be 3rd in them 2.

I would really love ANY to win this award instead of Little Britain it is so over rated The only thing that stands any chance at all of beating it is Ant and Dec and I hope they do.

I don't think this is the best awards show on tv cos one viewers only get to vote on one award and the rest is decided by some judges and there is nothing at all that deserves an award apart from Ant and Dec.

If any one is voting for viewers choice and not over bothered who wins in hope that Little britain will miss out on this award vote for Ant and Dec cos these are normally the runners up if not winners. I honestly hope they beat Little Britain but don't think they will.

Hi kool chick. As much as I dislike that last series of Little Britain, I'd be hard pressed to say that I prefer Ant and Dec. Green Wing is easily miles better than either, IMO.

Aaron every one likes different things I know but I dont think green wing has ever won viewers choice yet (could be wrong) being honest Little britain will win the awaard and Ant and Dec will be 2nd they are the only one that stand half a chance of beating little britain hope they do but will be suprised if they do

Well, tonight's the night. I'll be voting for Green Wing tonight, and I hope that for once, all the awards go to people who deserve them. (i.e. Not Russell Brand)

Also, kool chick, Green Wing has won a people's choice award. It won the first ever people's choice BAFTA in 2005.

You don't think Russell Brand deserves an award yet you think Green Wing does??

This list is so dull this year but what do you expect when Britian hasn't made a good comedy show in past 3 years apart from Peep Show and The Thick Of It.

I'm hoping Extras and Little Britian dont win anything, but this show is so predicatble nowadays that they probably will.

Oh if you want to hear an alternative comedy awards ceremony check out The Vanilla Comedy Awards Podcast Special on my myspace site www.myspace.com/assoonasplausible

I'm sticking to my opinions and I'll tell you why.

I HATE reality TV. I tend to loss a little respect for anyone who goes on reality TV, although I didn't in the case of Russell Brand. That was because I never heard of him until he did "Big Brother", so I had no respect to lose in the first place. As far as my respect for Russell Brand goes, I have no respect for him whatsoever.

Yeah I can see why people judge him for his persona on Big Mouth but his Radio Show with Matt Morgan and Trevor Lock is brilliant and his stand up is pretty damn good too, not to mention his first TV show before he did Big Bro..called Re:Brand that is one of the most honest and thought provoking peices of tv I've seen in a long while. I think the guys very smart and witty but Channel 4 don't know how to use him properly, his chat show is complete bollocks.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 13, 2006, 6:01 PM

Well, tonight's the night. I'll be voting for Green Wing tonight, and I hope that for once, all the awards go to people who deserve them. (i.e. Not Russell Brand)

Also, kool chick, Green Wing has won a people's choice award. It won the first ever people's choice BAFTA in 2005.

Did it I didn't watch it then well I did say I could be wrong it has not won when ever I have watched this awards show and doesn't look likely to win tonight :D Sorry I want Ant and Dec to win they have already missed out on 2 I really don't want to jinx them on this but it looks LIKELY not certain that they will win. I am amzed and delighted that Little Britain have not made it to top 4.

I loved all three films in the 'Best comedy film' catergory and although I am a huge Wallace and Gromit fan, I still would ave liked 'Little Miss Sunshine' to win. But I suppose it keeps it all British!

Peep Show and Harry Hill won...but that still doesn't take away from awful things like Star Stories and Charlotte Church winning.

Quite right Martin! What were the judges thinking?!? Channel 4 must have paid them to give awards to both Star Stories and Charlotte Church - in each case they were the weakest in their category IMHO.

Like you say, nice to see them giving Peep Show and Harry Hill a bit of recognition.

Good Lord. Dull, dull, DULL. I'm sorry, but nothing there 'grabbed' me. So uninspiring I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, so I'll stop.

Now.

Ish.