The Royle Family Christmas 2008 Page 2

Quote: David Chapman @ December 8 2008, 9:11 PM GMT

Apparently there's no Ralf Little though.

Why?

Dunno - just not included in this episode maybe.

To be honest he didn't really have much of a part in the Queen of Sheba episode - surplus to requirements maybe??

But he's an original cast member and has good rapor with Ricky Tomlinson on screen, he will be missed this year.

Quote: Wildjesusfishkid @ December 9 2008, 12:58 AM GMT

Really? He speaks really highly of you :D

Well he's the only one.

No Lurkio? What a load of pants.

Lurcio. Probably. Depending on your intended reference.

Quote: Aaron @ December 9 2008, 12:31 PM GMT

Lurcio. Probably. Depending on your intended reference.

Hm. It was the name Jim called Littles character; I'm pretty sure it was pronounceed Lur-kee-o, so I'm sticking to my spelling.

Even if it's wrong.

Well I can't comment definitively without knowing the context of the remark in the show, but I would guess it may have been a reference to Frankie Howerd's Lurcio (pronounced "Lur-kee-o") in Up Pompeii!.

I hate that they keep doing these specials because it means my "Complete Royle Family" boxset is looking increasingly anachronistic.

I think they should do a special of this each year for two reasons:

1. Because it will make Chip's Royle Family box set look increasingly anachronistic and

2. Maybe they can remove one character per yer, ending with an episode where it's just Jim, sitting there, dribbling insanely and shouting 'My arse' every 10 seconds.

Quote: Aaron @ December 9 2008, 1:04 PM GMT

Well I can't comment definitively without knowing the context of the remark in the show, but I would guess it may have been a reference to Frankie Howerd's Lurcio (pronounced "Lur-kee-o") in Up Pompeii!.

Quote: Griff @ December 9 2008, 1:10 PM GMT

Didn't it come from "Lurch"? I thought Ricky Tomlinson also called him "Lurch" in a couple of episodes, which degenerated into Lurchio, Lurkio?

You're both right. I always presumed it was an Up Pompeii! reference and he was also called Lurch (as in the Addams Family).

Surely Ralf Little doesn't think he's too big now for both Two Pints AND The Royle Family?...

Quote: zooo @ December 9 2008, 2:24 PM GMT

Surely Ralf Little doesn't think he's too big now for both Two Pints AND The Royle Family?...

He is pretty tall.

True.