The Royle Family Christmas 2008 Page 3

Quote: zooo @ December 9 2008, 2:24 PM GMT

Surely Ralf Little doesn't think he's too big now for both Two Pints AND The Royle Family?...

Don't forget that other pile of cock he did for BBC Three about a record label.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 9 2008, 1:55 PM GMT

I think they should do a special of this each year for two reasons:

1. Because it will make Chip's Royle Family box set look increasingly anachronistic and

2. Maybe they can remove one character per yer, ending with an episode where it's just Jim, sitting there, dribbling insanely and shouting 'My arse' every 10 seconds.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Griff @ December 9 2008, 1:10 PM GMT

Didn't it come from "Lurch"? I thought Ricky Tomlinson also called him "Lurch" in a couple of episodes, which degenerated into Lurchio, Lurkio?

Yup! .. indeed he did! :)

Lurch, Lurk-i-o .. bum boy and many more references aimed at Anthony Royle!! Laughing out loud

...did I also mention "lazy sod" ???

Ralf Little seems to think he is bigger than everything he's ever been in. He is waiting for Hollywood to call and I'm sure it will if they make a sequel to Planet of the Apes.

I used to quite like The Royle Family when it was on but I don't honestly remember *why* I liked it exactly. It's cool to see Christmas specials of old shows, though, and I'll try to check this one out as well.

Sigh, Ralf Little. I can't honestly say I like or dislike him but he was quite a good sport on Nevermind the Buzzcocks earlier this autumn.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 9 2008, 2:26 PM GMT

Don't forget that other pile of cock he did for BBC Three about a record label.

Massive. There have been worse programmes on BBC Three, Clone for example.

Whether you like him or not, I think the missing ingredient will be obvious without Ralf Little present in the cast.

However, I will watch the Christmas Special, without expecting too much from it, while hoping it's better than Sheba!?!

Well the trailer they've been running has provided me with more amusement than any of the show proper which I've seen, so I'm hoping that that is a good sign.

Yeah it looks quite funny. "Christmas isn't really a day for kids..."

I liked the original 3 series but thought "...Sheeba" was a load of arse gravy. Have to say I wasn't all that enthused by the trailer I saw last night either.

I'm looking forward to this, even if Queen of Sheeba was melodramatic it still had its moments.

The first two series of The Royle Family are genuinely great and very funny. Let's hope this is a return to form.

I was bloody traumatized after Queen Of Sheba. I was more upset by that than when my real Nanna died, strangely.

I hope my hotel has Internet access or I'll be prowling Las Vegas on Christmas in search of a place to download this special.

Quote: DaButt @ December 18 2008, 11:35 PM GMT

I hope my hotel has Internet access or I'll be prowling Las Vegas on Christmas in search of a place to download this special.

Or you could just wait until you get home.

Quote: Aaron @ December 19 2008, 3:21 AM GMT

Or you could just wait until you get home.

I have a feeling I'll be bored and looking for entertainment. Or at least something to watch on the flight home.