PS3 vs XBox 360 Page 3

360 rules. It's really got my interest in gaming back...

Quote: Pete @ December 2 2008, 1:21 AM GMT

Don't get a PS3 for that...the "novelty" of sitting on the sofa using the net fades very fast and you'll soon want to be at a proper keyboard and not lounging on the settee trying to type.

Plug a USB keyboard into the PS3. Problem solved.

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 2 2008, 12:08 AM GMT

You see, tonight I got the red ring of death. Again. F**king piece of shit. Now it has to go back to Microshaft for a fortnight, during which I must sit and stare at the wall whilst deflecting my family's attempts to attract my attention. What am I to tell them? "Sorry, I'm busy counting the wallpaper?"

Help me, for pity's sake! Teary

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Lee. And I know how it can be, interacting with humans. Modems, not mammals - that's what I say.

Quote: David Bussell @ December 2 2008, 11:52 AM GMT

Modems, not mammals - that's what I say.

Here, here.

Or routers.

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 2 2008, 12:08 AM GMT

You see, tonight I got the red ring of death. Again.

Which version do you have? Anyone know what causes it?

I remember when my PS2 broke a few years ago and I called up Sony, who then rushed me 'round a refurbished PS2 the very next morning, minus the ugly ass scratch mine had, which I told Sony it didn't have. It's not had a problem since (tempts fate).

I hope Microsoft have this option and I wouldn't want to see dust gather under my TV (Bugger cleaning it though).

Various internt theories on RROD and also ways to save it once it happens... I just gave up and chucked it out and bought a new one.

I think you can send it back to Microsoft but sounded like hassle.

Edited by Aaron.

Quote: Pete @ December 2 2008, 2:02 PM GMT

Various internt theories on RROD and also ways to save it once it happens... I just gave up and chucked it out and bought a new one.

MicroSoft must love you. :S

I don't want to shell out £300+ for a George Foreman looking toaster, but I also don't want to pay £120+ for a piece of plastic. I was always convinced I'd stick with Sony because they had the games I loved (GTA, Resident Evil (even SvR)) But now everything's gone multi-format, I may as well get the 360 but it's really f**king hard with that nasty red ringed cloud hanging over it.

UPDATE:
It's working again. How, I don't know. I called Microsoft this morning when it was still knackered and they told me it was out of warranty and would cost £60 for them to repair it. And then it came on again.

Bless you, baby Jesus!

Quote: David Bussell @ December 2 2008, 11:52 AM GMT

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Lee. And I know how it can be, interacting with humans. Modems, not mammals - that's what I say.

Let us hope this never happens to you.

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 2 2008, 3:22 PM GMT

UPDATE:
It's working again. How, I don't know. I called Microsoft this morning when it was still knackered and they told me it was out of warranty and would cost £60 for them to repair it. And then it came on again.

It's a heat problem isn't it?! (and it being a half baked product) Whistling nnocently

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 2 2008, 3:22 PM GMT

Let us hope this never happens to you.

Hahahahaha

Quote: Leevil @ December 2 2008, 2:27 PM GMT

...I was always convinced I'd stick with Sony because they had the games I loved (GTA, Resident Evil (even SvR)) But now everything's gone multi-format

Even the eagerly anticipated Final Fantasy 13 will now be available on the 360. I thought/hoped that the RROD was only on the earlier consoles? I may be wrong but you should think they would of sorted the problem!!

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 2 2008, 2:07 PM GMT

MicroSoft must love you. :S

If the cost of a new toy is pretty insignificant to me I imagine it is minute to MS.....so I doubt they care two hoots.

Edited by Aaron.

£130! Insignificant! *faints*

*wakes up, and goes home*

I just don't get why people buy consoles when you can get the same experience and a bigger choice of games with a PC. AND a PC also has the advantage of being able to do a few other things!