Steptoe and Son Page 5

"gone quiet . . . . "

Anyway, why I'm bumping this is to say that I'm currently listening to the radio show (a selection of mp3 in no particular order I'm afraid). Thirty so far.

A few things come across quite strongly.

The number of times that Harold left home, the difference a relatively few years make ( in The Lodger Albert writes out the advert to let the room. . 'Room in mews cottage . . no wogs), the obvious 'Harold never wins' bit like Basil, the genius of the writing (at Harold's wedding 'We're stuck with you until six men carries you in here. Which, if you don't shut up, will be the next service!) etc.

Loving hearing them, most for the first time on radio.

I can recommend you give it a go. It's a totally different thing without distracting pictures!

:D

Steptoe Cribs spoof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNmRNdC1i7k&feature=related

I love Steptoe & Son, it's a classic sitcom.

Box set £20 in Asda.

I wish I didn't already have it!

I got all the DVDs separately when they came out, so paid more than some, but still, at least I got the individual slipcases. Laughing out loud As for favourite episodes, I would put The Desperate Hours near the top and the episode where they are playing snooker in the yard in the rain. Great stuff.

Was the radio show just audio adaptations of the TV show?

It was, yes.

Steptoe better than Dubstep!

Quote: Timbo @ January 27 2012, 4:01 PM GMT

Was the radio show just audio adaptations of the TV show?

I've got the full series on CD as MP3 if you're interested...

Last night watched 'Divided We Stand' and tonight 'The Desperate Hours' on Gold.

For me, absolute classic sitcom. It don't get much better.

Good to see Gold are putting it on at a good time, gives me an excuse not to watch Emmerdale :P
Wish they'd put Sykes on around that time instead of 6 in the morning.

I saw the Steptoe & Son documentary the other day.

Was the relationship as bad as it was made out between the two?

There have been about a dozen 'documentaries' produced regarding Steptoe And Son. Which one did you see? When Steptoe Met Son? If so, no.