Steptoe and Son Page 2

I dont think , personally, that Fawlty Towers ever approached the magic of steptoe and Son.

In comparison ,it is rather predictable and ''farcey'' .

Don't you dare be insulting farce! :O

Harry H Corbett and Wilfred Brambles hated each other In real life didn't they ?

I'm sure I read that somewhere.

So, which one was gay, the older one?

(*Shows complete lack of pop culture knowledge pre 1975*)

I think it was Harry H.

Wilfred Bramble was gay.
I love the Steptoe and Son films. I think there was 2 of them, and they're both in colour, which is nice.

WTF ?? Has someones sexual orientation got to do with it?

If you wish to believe some journos, 30 yrs after the fact ''expose'' about the fact they ''hated'' each other , that is up to you.

I suggest you read ''steptoe and son'' by Galton and Simpson , surely they know the truth? and it was far from hate.
It was a very proffesional relationship, that lasted a very long time , they even worked together 6 years after the end of the series!

Quote: Rockabilly @ January 29, 2008, 10:20 PM

Shut it you gay.

Quote: Richard Wells @ January 29, 2008, 9:48 PM

Harry H Corbett and Wilfred Brambles hated each other In real life didn't they ?

I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Yep, I posted that somewhere at the weekend. Thought it was in this thread, but evidently not. Meh, anyway, yes, they grew to loathe each other. Apparently.

What has it got to do with what?

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ January 29, 2008, 10:32 PM

Shut it you gay.

Laughing out loud

If you wish to believe some journos, 30 yrs after the fact ''expose'' about the fact they ''hated'' each other , that is up to you.

I wasn't bringing it up as part of the 'they didn't get on' conversation.

Aaron , grow up . Surely as ''admin'' you should at least be old enough to know that your sad?

Oh dear...
He's got you there, Aaron.

Quote: Rockabilly @ January 29, 2008, 11:00 PM

Aaron , grow up . Surely as ''admin'' you should at least be old enough to know that your sad?

Eh? In English please...?

I am enjoying the super duper complete boxed set that Santa very kindly brought me for being a very good boy.

Sublime, fantastic, brilliant, peerless, wonderful, the best, poignant, hilarious, unsurpassed, gut-bustingly funny.

Oh yeah! And flippin dead good! And I've probably seem them many many times.

Hi, I'm after the name of an episode of Steptoe and Son when one of them meets a cross dresser.