Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 16

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:44 PM BST

Well good; that was certainly a row whipped up over almost nothing. And yes Sooty, I know you disagree with me, you always bloody do about things like that! Why can't you just come to the understanding, on your own, that I'm correct? Is that really so much to ask?

Ha not while I've got 200 people and the Philipino amabssador on my side!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:44 PM BST

Well good; that was certainly a row whipped up over almost nothing. And yes Sooty, I know you disagree with me, you always bloody do about things like that! Why can't you just come to the understanding, on your own, that I'm correct? Is that really so much to ask?

Matthew, have you changed your diet or daily routine or anything at all recently?

Quote: sootyj @ October 29 2008, 7:45 PM BST

Well for the same ason people grass on benefits cheats, shop lifters and people stealing cable TV.

It's about stuff that's inherently bad and lessens us.

Nope, they're all idiots.
;)

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 7:39 PM BST

Nick, come on.
Out of those 27,000 how many do you really think meant it, and weren't simply complaining for the sake of it?

Those few had every right to complain.

Oh absolutely. As I said, I'm sure that many are just jumping on the bandwagon. But the other poster seemed to believe that nobody had any right to complain at all even if they were offended while listening which I would strongly disagree with.

Quote: Aaron @ October 29 2008, 7:46 PM BST

Matthew, have you changed your diet or daily routine or anything at all recently?

Eh? Say what?

Quote: Nick @ October 29 2008, 7:48 PM BST

Oh absolutely. As I said, I'm sure that many are just jumping on the bandwagon. But the other poster seemed to believe that nobody had any right to complain at all even if they were offended while listening which I would strongly disagree with.

Yeah I reread your post, we agree! Doh. :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:48 PM BST

Eh? Say what?

No, it's just that you're sometimes funny now. I was wondering if anything had occurred in your life to bring about this change.

Quote: Nick @ October 29 2008, 7:48 PM BST

I strongly disagree. Apparently two people, TWO, complained after listening to the show. The thousands of others only after the media started whipping up this rancid shit storm to fill pages and TV minutes.

Why should people seemingly be complaining when Andrew Sachs himself has accepted the apologies though? It's him who's been offended, and if they've apologised to him and he's accepted those apologies, then why are the angry mob continuing to express outrage? How the hell can they claim to be outraged when the person it concerns the most just wants it to all be forgotten about?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:42 PM BST

. Why would anyone complain who isn't directly involved with the Sachs family anyway?

I hope that you can see just how idiotic that comment is. Now as I've said, I'm sure that many of the people who have complained have nothing better to do but if people see others behaving like twats towards somebody else then it would be a sad world if nobody stepped in unless they knew the person in question.

heheee!! Two!

Yeah, I'd say that was probably the more genuine representation of real complaints.

Quote: Aaron @ October 29 2008, 7:50 PM BST

No, it's just that you're sometimes funny now. I was wondering if anything had occurred in your life to bring about this change.

I'll take that as an insult and a compliment all wrapped up in one lovely bundle!

Of course in a representative democracy the rights of the individual are paramount.

If one person disagrees then that disgreement should be taken seriously.

Frankly though Brand humping a boob flashing professional slag, who claimed to be his mate.

Then telling her grand dad who's no saint.

Is that the most pathetic reason for a resignation ever?

I don't like the idea of the Daily Mail reading ignorant masses flexing their muscles.

Quote: Andy Ward @ October 29 2008, 7:50 PM BST

Why should people seemingly be complaining when Andrew Sachs himself has accepted the apologies though? It's him who's been offended, and if they've apologised to him and he's accepted those apologies, then why are the angry mob continuing to express outrage? How the hell can they claim to be outraged when the person it concerns the most just wants it to all be forgotten about?

To be fair, they could be complaining that the BBC allowed it to be broadcast, rather than complaining specifically about what was said.

Quote: Andy Ward @ October 29 2008, 7:50 PM BST

Very good point.

Quote: Nick @ October 29 2008, 7:51 PM BST

I hope that you can see just how sexy that comment is.

Thank you.