Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 15

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:17 PM BST

27,000 idiots then. They need to get a life really.

So are you saying that nobody should have complained? I'm sure that many are just jumping on the bandwagon but that doesn't disguise the fact that both the producers of the show and the 2 presenters deserve all of the criticism that they are receiving.

I was watching the Simpsons on Channel 4.

Bart called elderly and much loved comedic character Mo Sizlack.

He then induced him to make various humiliating statements inlcuding false claims to being homosexual (Amanda Hug'n'kiss)

I demand Channel 4 fire him imediately.

Nick, come on.
Out of those 27,000 how many do you really think meant it, and weren't simply complaining for the sake of it?

Those few had every right to complain.

And that's why you shouldn't be allowed a phone.

Well the Harry Enfield Philipino-gate got under 200 names ona petition.

Is Political Correctness dead?

Quote: Aaron @ October 29 2008, 7:11 PM BST

Ross perhaps particularly, seeing as he has young daughters himself.

Jonathan Ross's daughter:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/27/l_4fe0c3cf039744238abeacc8ca4ce27f.jpg

Quote: Griff @ October 29 2008, 7:27 PM BST

I wonder who will take over Russell Brand's Radio Two show. I vote David Mitchell.

I vote meeeee.

Quote: Nick @ October 29 2008, 7:37 PM BST

So are you saying that nobody should have complained? I'm sure that many are just jumping on the bandwagon but that doesn't disguise the fact that both the producers of the show and the 2 presenters deserve all of the criticism that they are receiving.

No they don't, I think you're wrong, that's my whole point. The criticism is obviously way, WAY over the top. Why would anyone complain who isn't directly involved with the Sachs family anyway? If hearing about this stuff gets you so wound up you feel the need to lodge a complaint then I maintain that they need help; especially considering what actually happened in this case. So yes-27,000 complete and total idiots.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ October 29 2008, 7:41 PM BST

Jonathan Ross's daughter:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/27/l_4fe0c3cf039744238abeacc8ca4ce27f.jpg

Aw, bless.
I hope you're not attempting to draw some kind of parallel?...

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 7:40 PM BST

And that's why you shouldn't be allowed a phone.

:D

Quote: Aaron @ October 29 2008, 7:41 PM BST

I vote meeeee.

Ooh, that would be ace!

Could I guest host?

Quote: sootyj @ October 29 2008, 7:40 PM BST

Well the Harry Enfield Philipino-gate got under 200 names ona petition.

Well good; that was certainly a row whipped up over almost nothing. And yes Sooty, I know you disagree with me, you always bloody do about things like that! Why can't you just come to the understanding, on your own, that I'm correct? Is that really so much to ask?

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 7:43 PM BST

Ooh, that would be ace!

Could I guest host?

I would insist upon it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:42 PM BST

No they don't, I think you're wrong, that's my whole point. The criticism is obviously way, WAY over the top. Why would anyone complain who isn't directly involved with the Sachs family anyway? If hearing about this stuff gets you so wound up you feel the need to lodge a complaint then I maintain that they need help; especially considering what actually happened in this case. So yes-27,000 complete and total idiots.

Well for the same ason people grass on benefits cheats, shop lifters and people stealing cable TV.

It's about stuff that's inherently bad and lessens us.

Not that I'm one of them.

If I'd have complained it would have been for purely malicious reasons.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:17 PM BST

27,000 idiots then. They need to get a life really. And do they take into account how many people didn't complain

I think the comparison should be between the 27,000 who complained and the number phoning in to support them.

But I get your thinking. What about people who go to jail just because 12 people say they did it and 60 million didn't!!

I would have voted them off but I left it to the (still potent) power of Public Opinion.