This whole recession thing... Page 8

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ September 30 2008, 11:25 AM BST

The only thing that f**ks anyone is a misuse of their imagination. You are in control of the thoughts you choose to think and the feelings you choose to feel.

Choose better-feeling thoughts and you will have better-feeling feelings.

Don't, and the world outside you will seemed "f**ked".

Abundance and happiness are available at all times irrespective of anyone else's declarations of "bad news".

It's cloudy today in Kent---will the sun ever be seen again? Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Are you selling something? It's not The Secret, is it? Whistling nnocently

China lives.

No secrets to happiness and prosperity.

Only stubborn, dumb-f**k ignorance keeps happiness & prosperity a "secret".

Did I provide a link to something you could purchase?

Would you like one?

Then shadd-upppp!

But seriously, you are on the right track. Rhonda Byrne helped to popularize The Science of Being Rich by Wallace Wattles (published around 1910) through her interviews about her film The Secret.

The Science of Being Rich is available as an E-book for FREE in the links section of the Wikipedia article about Wallace Wattles.

The book helped me to change my life for the whole-lot better.

Flipping Norah. Tony Benn (far-left MP and second-longest serving Labour MP) has just honestly and seriously suggested that ALL banks should be publicly owned.

*shakes head*

Quote: Aaron @ September 30 2008, 12:58 PM BST

Flipping Norah. Tony Benn (far-left MP and second-longest serving Labour MP) has just honestly and seriously suggested that ALL banks should be publicly owned.

*shakes head*

The surprise would be if he didn't suggest something like that. Or if Boris Johnson came out and said something like that.

Yes, by his standards, true. But he's still deluded.

Quote: Aaron @ September 30 2008, 1:05 PM BST

Yes, by his standards, true. But he's still deluded.

Leave him alone, bully. He's an old defenceless man. And I think he's one of the few politicians who's stuck to his beliefs throughout his career, rather than jettising them just to get into power or to appease the higher-ups in his own party.

Disagree with Tony Benn on many things but I can't help but admire his blunt integrity and convictions. :)

I've always been a Benn fan but he went downhill a bit in my book when he came back from a meeting with Saddam Hussein saying "what a lovely chap, I don't know what all the fuss is about".

Quote: Aaron @ September 30 2008, 12:58 PM BST

*shakes head*

It came close to being official Labour policy in the seventies. The ways things are going it may happen by default, much as the incompetence of the railways and much of heavy industry lead to them being nationalised in state bailouts under previous Labour governments.

We need Superman.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 16 2008, 6:59 PM BST

A good book to read as a lay-person on economics is PJ O'Rourke's book on Adam Smith's 'On The Wealth Of Nations', which also manages to be funny as well as informative.

O'Rourke has a typically funny column about his recent cancer diagnosis here:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-orourke28-2008sep28,0,3317114.story

I have, of all the inglorious things, a malignant hemorrhoid. What color bracelet does one wear for that? And where does one wear it? And what slogan is apropos? Perhaps that slogan can be sewn in needlepoint around the ruffle on a cover for my embarrassing little doughnut buttocks pillow.

I guess this is

No country for Tony Benn

Arf arf!

So, a few of you still being taken in by the FARCE then? :)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 1 2008, 12:24 PM BST

So, a few of you still being taken in by the FARCE then? :)

The Farce of economic collapse?

O'Rourke has a typically funny column about his recent cancer diagnosis here

Oh I hadn't heard that news. That's not good. Get well soon PJ.