This whole recession thing... Page 7

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 27 2008, 10:11 PM BST

F**kers.

End.

I think I'll sort this economic problem out lads.

Thanks Gav.

Don't mention it now where is Howard I need a side kick.

Keep your nose clean and your pecker up and you'll do okay.

The social and financial structures are all swings and round-abouts. Like plate tectonics and magnetic pole reversals. Like the weather. Sometimes drier, sometimes wetter.

The social and financial facts of life flowing up and down and all around. People living and dying during the rises and falls. People prospering in health & wealth even during the so-called "worst of times".

Don't believe the hype.

The hype, mutherf**ker, ain't to do with the loss of personal income from a failed bank, it is to do with the idea that your personal & existential happiness is ruined FOREVER and things are only gonna get worse and lead to murder/suicide because you've temporarily ended up in debt or houseless. You don't have to trip on it that f**ken hard.

Focus on the solution and not the problem. Be grateful that most of the other aspects of your life are running just fine.

Things will balance out sooner rather than later if you don't panic or take it too serious or incessantly worry.

Behind the bad news is politics. It's always down to politics, me little meat-puppet maties!

Polly want a cracker?

An eye-opening look at how China is feeding their appetite for production:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1063198/Chinas-new-slave-empire--disturbing-eyewitness-account-Peter-Hitchens.html

Yikes. That's more than a tad scary.

Meat puppets!
Pavlov's dogs!

The sky is falling!

:) :)

A building society gets a 'nationalisation' announcement smack bang in the middle of the Conservative Party Conference.

Timing, the secret of great politics.

;)

Quote: DaButt @ September 28 2008, 3:42 AM BST

An eye-opening look at how China is feeding their appetite for production:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1063198/Chinas-new-slave-empire--disturbing-eyewitness-account-Peter-Hitchens.html

Yeah, this has been going on for a while. New age of imperialism?

Still, we're laughing over here while the rest of the West falls apart. Our Chinese-funded resource boom has ensured the IMF just gave us a clean bill of economic health. They say crime doesn't pay, but I think your convicts have been vindicated. :)

Like a check from the CRB; only at this precise moment in time.

it is to do with the idea that your personal & existential happiness is ruined FOREVER and things are only gonna get worse and lead to murder/suicide because you've temporarily ended up in debt or houseless.

Who could possibly get depressed or unhappy by losing their house, their entire life savings, and becoming homeless and destitute?

Quote: Griff @ September 28 2008, 4:53 PM BST

Who could possibly get depressed or unhappy by losing their house, their entire life savings, and becoming homeless and destitute?

A man with no fear.

The cancer spreads as banks in the UK, Netherlands and Iceland fail. Things are looking grim.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/markets/article4844255.ece

We are actually f**ked. And not in a good way.

Quote: Aaron @ September 30 2008, 8:15 AM BST

We are actually f**ked. And not in a good way.

The only thing that f**ks anyone is a misuse of their imagination. You are in control of the thoughts you choose to think and the feelings you choose to feel.

Choose better-feeling thoughts and you will have better-feeling feelings.

Don't, and the world outside you will seemed "f**ked".

Abundance and happiness are available at all times irrespective of anyone else's declarations of "bad news".

It's cloudy today in Kent---will the sun ever be seen again? Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud