This whole recession thing... Page 12

Quote: sootyj @ October 6 2008, 7:45 AM BST

And who can beat the warm feeling of Tennant's lager?

I'm sure that zooo would relish the opportunity to beat some warm 'lager' out of Tennant.

Quote: sootyj @ October 6 2008, 9:29 AM BST

Yes it was strangely erotic.

Bjork is erotic ... and Terry And June is sinister.

I'm really glad we can't see inside your head.

Quote: DaButt @ October 6 2008, 12:12 AM BST

Ha!

If you had purchased £1000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be worth £4.95, with HBOS, earlier this week your £1000 would have been worth £16.50, £1000 invested in XL Leisure would now be worth less than £5, but if you bought £1000 worth of Tennents Lager one year ago, drank it all, then took the empty cans to an aluminium re-cycling plant, you would get £214. So based on the above statistics the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and re-cycle.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/business/trading-floor/2095181/how-to-make-money-out-of-turmoil.thtml

Best bet if you bought shares instead of lager then would be to hang on to those shares, bite the bullet and reflect on the fact that investments can go down as well as up. QED. Shareholders just need to tighten their belts! :)

Plenty of money to be made in a bear market, apparently so although there are losers, there'll be winners too!

erotic

Sinister eh?

My brain all naked and stuff

:) :) :)

I hate to say it, but that Björk has Angela Merkel tits.

And David Cameron's lovely smooth skin, as well as Gordon Brown's thick wavy dark hair.

*shakes head in dismay*

Didn't that Fred guy used to be in Mungo Jerry? Or perhaps it was someone else???

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 6 2008, 11:45 AM BST

Didn't that Fred guy used to be in Mungo Jerry? Or perhaps it was someone else???

Fred West?

No, he was in his daughter most of the time.

>_<

Quote: Aaron @ October 6 2008, 3:22 PM BST

>_<

I know, sometimes I can't help myself.

Quote: Aaron @ October 6 2008, 11:04 AM BST

I'm sure that zooo would relish the opportunity to beat some warm 'lager' out of Tennant.

:) :)

What's the price of gasoline/petrol where you live? The declining price of crude is finally showing itself at the pumps following a few weeks' instability after Hurricane Ike churned through the Gulf of Mexico's refineries and pipelines. Today I saw a price of $2.89 per gallon at the pump. If my math is correct and I can manage to create the appropriate symbols, this is equal to £0.44/€0.56 per liter. It's finally cheaper than orange juice again!

Quote: DaButt @ October 8 2008, 11:13 PM BST

If my math is correct and I can manage to create the appropriate symbols, this is equal to £0.44/€0.56 per liter. It's finally cheaper than orange juice again!

Around 1.45 EUR here in Stuttgart. Expensive orange juice: 1.19 EUR. :)

Quote: DaButt @ October 8 2008, 11:13 PM BST

What's the price of gasoline/petrol where you live? The declining price of crude is finally showing itself at the pumps following a few weeks' instability after Hurricane Ike churned through the Gulf of Mexico's refineries and pipelines. Today I saw a price of $2.89 per gallon at the pump. If my math is correct and I can manage to create the appropriate symbols, this is equal to £0.44/€0.56 per liter. It's finally cheaper than orange juice again!

But don't go drinking it still.

Doesn't it take a phenomenal amount of petrol to make orange juice?