Lab Rats Page 29

Compared to 'The Cup' and 'The Wrong Door', Lab Rats was a work of utter genius!

I enjoyed Lab Rats, but was aware of its shortcomings: there was a lack of balance between the four main characters; the definition of each character wasn't clear enough, as opposed to it being poorly cast; for the type of show it was trying to be, the pacing was too slow and there needed to be more urgency with the characters, who were all far too laid back.

At least there was effort put into it, unlike the indulgent 'The Cup', which contains no jokes at all, apart from ones you can see coming before the bloody programme starts!

I loved Lab rats, I hate the cup...I know hate is a strong word, but I dont see anything in it that i can call a possitive point, and I do not like football!

Quote: Andrew M Bedell @ September 1 2008, 2:29 PM BST

I loved Lab rats, I hate the cup...I know hate is a strong word, but I dont see anything in it that i can call a possitive point, and I do not like football!

I think the word 'hate' is entirely acceptable when applied to 'The Cup'. It is loathsome.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 1 2008, 2:21 PM BST

the pacing was too slow and there needed to be more urgency with the characters, who were all far too laid back.

That is a very good point. I didn't mind the pacing, I quite like slow moving sitcoms action wise, but the characters were definitely too laid back.

Yeah but if David T laid back it wouldn't be your red pen you'd be reaching for.

*imagines*

Oi, wrong forum for that! *shakes fist*

Damn. I've been trying so hard as well.

The guy who plays the main character in Lab Rats.....I dunno if it's just me, but he has "Doctor Who" written all over him. I want him to be the 11th Doctor when Tennant steps down next year or in 2010 :D

- I thought Lab Rats was okay. My mother loved it, but then again what does she know about good comedy? Laughing out loud

No, definitely just you.

I liked the part in "A Diary" Series 1 Episode 6 where Brian walked into the warning sign.

Any news on a series 2?

Quote: Talbot Dave @ January 6 2009, 9:20 PM GMT

Any news on a series 2?

I think Chris Addison asked some BBC bigwig at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival if he was going to get a second series of Lab Rats and their followed a long and awkward silence. I'm guessing it won't happen.

Quote: Griff @ January 7 2009, 1:28 PM GMT

Chris Addison is doing stand-up at a club my mate works at next Monday. I'll get her to ask him!

Get her to incoroprate the question into a heckle.

Actually, the programme was so dreary and ultimately forgettable it's hard to think of a good insult. At this stage, I can barely remember any of the plots or characters, and I watched about three or four episodes.

"Hey, that older professor guy, with the beard, he was a really funny, well rounded character; you must have put a lot of work into him to bring him alive like that."

I'm no good at heckles.