NewsRevue again! Page 8

I can't seem to nail Treason Show's style which seems to be a lot different to NewsRevue.

Quote: roscoff @ August 15 2008, 9:58 PM BST

£9.37. I just kept it.

Was that for one sketch?
And how long did you wait for that life-changing fortune? :P

How do you know your account with them is £5.67?
Do they tell you, or do you have to ask?

One little Newsrevue question, when you E-mail them material are you automatically sent the running order?

I ask because it's been about 2 years since I submitted something to them and I've changed my E-mail address since then too.

You're SUPPOSED to be added to the list automatically just by sending material in, but more often than not you don't.
It's best to add a note in your email, saying that you'd like to be added, when you send your next sketch in.

Yeah, I think I was automatically last time... If I don't hear anything in a few days I'll shout at them.

Quote: Mikey J @ August 17 2008, 4:57 PM BST

You're SUPPOSED to be added to the list automatically just by sending material in, but more often than not you don't.
It's best to add a note in your email, saying that you'd like to be added, when you send your next sketch in.

I did have to contact them a couple of times. I only knew mine was on because Leevil told me.

I suppose if you don't get the running order on a Thurday afternoon or anything else such as material requests, and everyone else does, then it's a good indication that you're not on it. :)

I wasn't on the list my first week, even though I'd submitted my first sketch the week before, so then I simply emailed them, requesting to be added.

Quote: Mikey J @ August 17 2008, 4:02 PM BST

How do you know your account with them is £5.67?
Do they tell you, or do you have to ask?

I'd had something on, but not received a cheque. I emailed to say I hadn't received my cheque and they told me that my balance was such-and-such and they only sent cheques out for £10 and over.

To give you an idea my sketch I believe was performed three nights a week for three weeks and I received about £13.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 17 2008, 11:55 PM BST

To give you an idea my sketch I believe was performed three nights a week for three weeks and I received about £13.

I'd better cancel that Caribbean holiday then. :)

Doesn't matter really about the low payments. It's still a start.
The best bit is that you get your stuff performed. :)

Well, for the last four weeks, I've had an average of three sketches performed... except the first of those four weeks which only had one performed.

Does it go on size of sketch, or is there an ultra secret formula like Coca-Cola or Ovaltine?

Quote: Mikey J @ August 17 2008, 5:50 PM BST

I suppose if you don't get the running order on a Thurday afternoon or anything else such as material requests, and everyone else does, then it's a good indication that you're not on it. :)

I don't think that that is the case always as I have had Newsrevue use sketches in the past which I only found out about when the cheque arrived in the post.

Quote: Wildjesusfishkid @ August 19 2008, 11:26 AM BST

I don't think that that is the case always as I have had Newsrevue use sketches in the past which I only found out about when the cheque arrived in the post.

Ah, I think sootyj mentioned once that, sometimes, they get a bit lazy and don't send out running orders.

I've only had running orders for the weeks when I haven't had a sketch in. The one week I got one in, I didn't get a running order. :(

I emailed NewsRevue about frequency of payouts.

Apparently, pay is calculated at the end of each "run" and NOT at the end of each week.

This current run is currently in week 5 of 7, so, therefore, cheques willl be calculated/sent out around a couple of weeks after the run ends.

Pay rates depend on what it is, (sketch, song, gag, one-liner, whatever) number of items used and Box Office take.

You can always find out the current run from the top of the running order list.

I guess MOST of the more seasoned writers on here ALREADY know this, but I figured I'd post this for anyone who didn't know.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ August 19 2008, 12:25 PM BST

I've only had running orders for the weeks when I haven't had a sketch in. The one week I got one in, I didn't get a running order. :(

I didn't get a running order two weeks ago, so I simply checked this thread, where sootyj posts it. :)

Quote: Mikey J @ August 19 2008, 12:30 PM BST

I didn't get a running order two weeks ago, so I simply checked this thread, where sootyj posts it. :)

Sootyj, what would we be without him? Richer probably, because we'd have got more sketches into NR/TS.