The most dated sitcom

What sitcom do you think has dated the most. It's a hard question to answer, but I think I may have to go for "Nearest and Dearest"

Anything with really cringe inducing race/homosexuality/gender stuff.

Gavin and Stacey?

Although I like it it has to be something like Man About the House.

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 26, 2007, 6:39 PM

What sitcom do you think has dated the most. It's a hard question to answer, but I think I may have to go for "Nearest and Dearest"

Great question, and a great answer! As someone who tends to particularly like older shows, this is going to be a very hard one for me to answer. My initial reaction was The Young Ones, but you've got me thinking now...

I don't date sitcoms so I wouldn't know

Quote: Aaron @ May 26, 2007, 11:52 PM

. My initial reaction was The Young Ones,

Yes, The Young Ones has dated badly. I'm not a big fan of The Young Ones, I don't find two flies on a wall talking to one another the slightest bit funny. But Bottom on the other hand is hilarious.

The Young Ones i don't really find funny, but i know it is classed as a classic, so my thoughts are it must be dated.

Yes, Minister, though not really dated, i didn't find it funny till after i became a politics student.

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 27, 2007, 10:25 AM

Yes, The Young Ones has dated badly. I'm not a big fan of The Young Ones, I don't find two flies on a wall talking to one another the slightest bit funny. But Bottom on the other hand is hilarious.

I'm the opposite. Love the Young Ones but not really into Bottom

tee hee.

I didn't see it until after I began studying politics (I don't think), but bloody love it. So scarily true.

Yes Minister, you mean?

I love how similar it is to The Thick of It, only with no swearing.

Love Thy Neighbour.

Oh dear... I saw "I Dream Of Jeannie" the other day-and that's SO dated...I used to love it as (more of) a kid, even though it's from the 60's, and now it just amazes me for how kitsch it is...not sure if I'd really call it a sitcom though

I haven't seen it for a few years, but I thought it was ok, along with Bewitched.

Sam and Jeannie are both hot!