The most dated sitcom Page 5

Quote: Curt @ February 28, 2008, 7:29 PM

At one point they ask how come this one African country does not win Olympics and they main character replies with "I'm sure if you put some shrunken heads at the end of the pool they might have a chance".

Laughing out loud

Most dated sitcom: My Mother The Car.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Curt @ February 28, 2008, 7:29 PM

Just watched Only Fools and Horses for the first time on BBC Canada, I thought it was really funny but from the one episode I did see the some times racist comments. At one point they ask how come this one African country does not win Olympics and they main character replies with "I'm sure if you put some shrunken heads at the end of the pool they might have a chance". Yikes! Besides that there were a few really funny lines. I was watching the episode where the main character was trying to sell off Doorbells that played 30 different national anthems.

Interesting for someone to discover it for the first time in 2008.

The second series was about where it took off.

Interesting too that such an innocuous and innocent line about shrunken heads would be seen as racist! It's just a silly gag surely!

Quote: David Chapman @ February 28, 2008, 11:06 PM

Interesting for someone to discover it for the first time in 2008.

The second series was about where it took off.

I liked the first series myself personally- great episodes such as: 'Go West Young Man' 'Cash and Curry', 'The Second Time Around' 'A Slow Bus to Chingford' and 'The Russians are Coming' were great 10/10 episodes. The first three series with Leonard Pearce were in my opinion when the show was at its peak, but still great to the end.

How about: Um Bongo The Nazi Caveman

'Up Pompeii' is pretty dated. That was a long time ago..

Boom boom!

(That was Mount Vesuvius erupting by the way.)

I'd like to get it Up Pompeii!!

I'm coming to this thread rather late but if you'll permit me I have a few that, imo, haven't aged well.

As has been said: The Young Ones (though I thought it was poo first time round)It's just cringe-city now.

The Good Life - I still like it but I never realised until recently how twee the Goods were and in particular how infuriatingly strangleable (new word) the character of Tom was.

I used to love Man About the House but it looks lame and tired today. Same goes for Please Sir. Used to love it but now I struggle with the 25+ year-old teenagers.