The Office: An American Workplace Page 8

I actually won the 2nd series box set off Chortle and I really enjoyed it. Has all the fun of the original with all the longevity of a Yank counterpart.

You should def try to get all four series, well worth it. Plus there will be more - the main cast members have all recently signed up for more.

I love how much Michael hates the Human Resources manager, Toby. They have some really good collisions throughout the show. Plus Toby is essentially a nice guy, but he ends up infatuated with Pam and that in turn is pretty funny. The bit where Pam and Jim approach Toby for the "in a relationship with a colleague" form and Toby says "I think you should wait. Give it more time" is classic.

Just got to the 'Business School' episode of this yesterday and had to add the following to my favourite Facebook quotes:

"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing."

There is an unspoken genius to some of the things Dwight says.

Dan

Look out for "Shrute to Kill" the forthcoming spin off.

Quote: Griff @ September 3 2008, 12:07 PM BST

I love this show. I've just ordered season 2 from Play.com. (It doesn't stop me loving the original, which is a work of total genius.)

I don't think I've ever found a show so watchable. Brilliantly drags you in for 'just one more episode'. Awesome.

Dan

It's the best show (perhaps with the exception of Curb) that's come out of the States in while.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 3 2008, 12:29 PM BST

It's the best show (perhaps with the exception of Curb) that's come out of the States in while.

30 Rock David. Watch 30 Rock. Though The Office is just as good.

Aye, 30 Rock is ace, and totally "just one more". Excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTj47rcuM-4

30 Rock. Genius.

When does season 3 start? Anyone know?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 3 2008, 12:49 PM BST

30 Rock David. Watch 30 Rock. Though The Office is just as good.

Fair play, I've been meaning to watch this for a while.

David, I was really apprehensive about 30 Rock. People go on about it around here and I thought I'd find it a load of shit, but that I should probably give it a go.

It's brilliant. Absolutely fantastic. More superb than Curb. By quite a long shot, IMO.

Truly excellent programme. You won't regret it.

For me, 30 Rock is the best of the US sitcoms and I really like The Office too. I've gone off curb a bit but will watch it when it comes back on.

When is 30 Rock back? It says the DVD for season 2 is out in November over here but it hasn't been shown on Five yet. I know HBO are showing it on their site but setting up US proxies sounds a bit complicated.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ September 3 2008, 1:06 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTj47rcuM-4

30 Rock. Genius.

Laughing out loud Oh man that was funny. Can't wait for the new season.

Yeah, I think 30 Rock is great too. Not quite The Office but very nearly.

Dan