Roman's Empire BBC2 12/04/07 21.30 Page 5

I wish i could remember the R Kelly joke, all i remember is laughing at it and then i woke up without knowledge of what was actually said.

Does anyone else think it's a bit like The Royal Tennenbaums, but in sitcom form?

For what my opinion's worth, I enjoyed this week's episode much more and not just because of the gorgeous Montserrat Lombard wearing that outfit!

That has to be the weirdest name I've ever seen.

I like it. It really is quite humorous.(that is not a dip).

Absolutely tons of money has been spent on this show. Every episode has asides featuring actors and stories that you never see again – like the soldiers in the 'fire at Will joke' which I seem to remember from my own school days.

I'm watching it now. I saw the first one but wasn't impressed. However after missing the last couple it isn't so bad. Quite surreal in fact and - dare I say it - almost has a Green Wing feel. Several different sketches loosely linked. I cringed when the brick dropped (on his nether regions for those who didn't watch it. Lots more cringing in fact.

Who does Roman remind me of? The tone of his voice etc.

Quote: gleamhound @ May 4, 2007, 11:52 PM

Does anyone else think it's a bit like The Royal Tennenbaums, but in sitcom form?

Yes! I was trying to work it out, but that's it! And I thought that film was crap as well. Really, this sitcom is so full of lame gags that can only possibly work because they're doing it with high production values and loads of cutaway shots - we'd all get chased out of town if we wrote down the "Our Kelly" gag (repeated! for gawd's sake) in an unsolicited script.

Another example of who you know and who's attached to it, not how good it is.

*shakes fist at you for saying TRT was crap*

Whyioutta!

Probably on paper it would look nothing special but visually it seems very good. (especially Montserrat in THAT costume).

Quote: David Chapman @ May 8, 2007, 11:59 AM

Probably on paper it would look nothing special but visually it seems very good. (especially Montserrat in THAT costume).

She really does have the oddest name in television.

who cares about her name... ;)

I think I'm falling for Kelly Pretty too... perhaps it's the stripy tights...

Damn, I'm weird!

And the Mum.

:|

As I predicted back in April, ratings are going downhill fast and there's not a chance in a hell of a second series. If there are any BBC executives reading this, you could save a lot of time and money by just asking me directly if somethings going to work or not. I'll even offer this service free of charge.

Or ask me. Because I'm more forgiving. I'll take a few DVDs as payment. ;)