My Family - Series 8 Page 11

simple is right.

Forrest Gump simple.

Quote: GusF @ May 28 2008, 1:30 AM BST

Except for the episode involving the bank robbery with Pauline Quirk, I've been very disappointed by this series. All the spark seems to be the gone. Alfie was the best character in it other than Nick and now he's gone. I know there's another series on the way but, honestly, I think they should've finished it when it was still the funniest thing in the BBC's arsenal. Unfortunately, those days are long over.

That was the only episode I saw of the current series and I thought it was terrible. I don't know how it gets so many viewers. I used to love it but sadly I stopped finding it funny a long time ago.

Saw the episode where Abi becomes a nun, from series 8? Thought it actually wasn't that bad. Although many situations were set up like the old woman who was the nun and I thought, something VERY funny is going to happen here and it didn't. I didn't like the fact that the huge set ups never paid off, although I thought it was really funny when Roger wrecked the restaurant and I think it would have been funnier for him to start trashing the church when they are all sitting at the end.

Does anyone know when series 9 is to be broadcast in Scotland? Please, any information anyone finds out, let me know.

My suggestions for series 10, although they are very unlikely - Get rid of Abi, Roger, Alfie and tell Kris Marshall the show has gone downhill and plead him to come back for one last series for old times sake, get the writers from the first and second series back and think up some damn good plots. Have an old school cast reunion for one final hurrah and when you set up a situation, please let there be a decent pay-off and don't go for the lazy option.

On a side note, I was saddened to hear Kris had been in a car crash and Gabriel had been arrested for possessing drugs.

Only 8 series' have been produced to date. The one you describe, with Abi joining the sisterhood, is the last.

Whether a ninth series will be made is a matter of debate.

I'm lead to believe on of the episodes of series 9 is being filmed tomorrow..and I thought series 9 had been filming since April, I'm so sorry that I can't remember where I read this!!

Also I read this on IMDB when someone asked if Abi had genuinely left..

"Went to a recording of series 9 a couple of weeks ago and she has definately left, they havent replaced her with anyone."

Yes, it's a little unclear what's happening at the moment. I've seen different numbers attributed to the episodes, and different "new" series labels as well. I was led to believe that the currently filming episodes were a ninth run, but then have seen suggestion that they're just more of S8.

Either way, whatever further episodes will be broadcast in Scotland at the same time they're broadcast in England.

Well, depending on what BBC Scotland decide anyway.

Okay, thanks!! Robert Lindsay's website did say that there was a series 9 but then again I looked back through the news updates and there is a mention of series 7 and not 8 and then 9 - so its probably a misprint.

The new set of episodes will be a 9th series - they're being filmed at the moment and will be broadcast in the autumn (unless schedules change).

Thanks Mark!

Hey everyone ;)
It's nice to join your company :)
I've watched all the episodes but one: 2007 Christmas Special Teary
Do you know where I could download it from?
I'll be eternally grateful :$

Is this show still running? I thought it finished ages ago! I really need to keep up.

PS: 'Ello Valerie!

No Charly, there was a new series only about a month ago, and more currently in production.

Valerie, check your inbox.

Quote: Aaron @ July 9 2008, 12:23 AM BST

No Charly, there was a new series only about a month ago, and more currently in production.

Valerie, check your inbox.

Thanks Wave

Kitty! :D

Quote: Aaron @ July 11 2008, 9:13 PM BST

Kitty! :D

Kitty meets Tom cat watching My Family :$