Doctor Who... Page 48

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 1 2008, 4:19 PM BST

Yes, to us in the know; but what about the millions of everyday viewers, and kids, who might well never have even heard of, well, who it is youre talking about? In case anyone out there doesnt want to know. Spoilers are bad. I want to know who theyve cast, because you have to think itll be someone big, or at least well known; but if it is theyve managed to keep it pretty quiet! I wonder what the make-ups going to be like too . . ?

In 2005 it was rumoured he was returning in season 1, played by Norman Lovett. (Some prankster had edited Norman's IMDB entry and put it on there!)

I'm not sure if they've announced it officially this time, as I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I think the name is known among fans on various sites, so have a look if you want to know. It all seems to be a fairly open secret.

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2008, 6:42 PM BST

Oh my god. Funniest thing I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLg-43lTEvM

Hitler's views on Torchwood.

OUTSTANDING.

Never thought I'd agree with the man!

:)

When that brilliant Mr Moffat takes over from RTD, will he be writing more episodes? Cos everyone knows his are always the best. Cool

Quote: Bad dog @ June 2 2008, 9:45 AM BST

I'm not sure if they've announced it officially this time, as I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I think the name is known among fans on various sites, so have a look if you want to know. It all seems to be a fairly open secret.

I'm thinking of running a sweepstake on how many minutes of script he can write before RTD can restrain himself no longer and makes Davros snog Captain Jack.

Angry I really hope there isn't anything like that to look forward (sic) to.

Quote: Aaron @ June 1 2008, 12:25 AM BST

Anyway. Nevermind River Song/Phoenix, who else thought that The Stig had made it into Doctor Who?

Some say that he stalks libraries in the dark. Others say he doesn't know how to wear a fake skull convincingly. All we know is, he's call The Stig!

Do you know who I would love to see have a role in Doctor Who?

Michael Gambon. Not sure who he would play, but I think he could bring something to the show. He may even make a good future doctor.

The Dr is split in 2 by a time vortex thingy and becomes.

The Chuckle Brothers.

"Ooh Mr Master we're here to clean you're cloud base, have you got the comically easily spilt bucket of space suds Barry,"

Quote: Andrew M Bedell @ June 3 2008, 11:03 AM BST

Michael Gambon. Not sure who he would play, but I think he could bring something to the show. He may even make a good future doctor.

He probably would be a good Doctor, but I doubt they could, or even would be allowed to by the BBC, cast someone that old these days. He could certainly be a good baddie though.

Quote: sootyj @ June 3 2008, 11:05 AM BST

"Ooh Mr Master we're here to clean you're cloud base, have you got the comically easily spilt bucket of space suds Barry,"

your* Unimpressed

Gambon would be an awesome Doctor.

:)

luv DW great stuff.

Belatedly, I watched Silence in the Library tonight. Bloody hell - that's the perfect demonstration of everything I was trying to say earlier in this thread about what's been poor about this series. In simple terms, earlier episodes were nothing like this. This was genuine Dr Who. I don't quite know what's going on, but I really want to tune in next week. But today, if I could. And no spoilers!!!

By comparison, the other week, I didn't give a toss it was Eurovision instead. The episodes to date hadn't given me a sense of excitement or even more than vague interest about what would happen next.

Quote: Badge @ June 4 2008, 1:53 AM BST

Belatedly, I watched Silence in the Library tonight. Bloody hell - that's the perfect demonstration of everything I was trying to say earlier in this thread about what's been poor about this series. In simple terms, earlier episodes were nothing like this. This was genuine Dr Who. I don't quite know what's going on, but I really want to tune in next week. But today, if I could. And no spoilers!!!

By comparison, the other week, I didn't give a toss it was Eurovision instead. The episodes to date hadn't given me a sense of excitement or even more than vague interest about what would happen next.

It was a cut or three above I have to agree. Like all Moffat's eps. Moffat for king!!

I was thinking btw, I wonder if the Ood's 'your song will end' has got anything to do with River Song? Hmmm! The mysteries!

Quote: ian_w @ June 4 2008, 1:57 AM BST

Moffat for king!!

Until he is elevated to that position and we end up hating him, of course! May I be the first to say: Moffat out!

(I don't mean it, obviously)