Get A Grip (Ben Elton's new ITV1 show) Page 7

Quote: Walker @ April 25, 2007, 6:48 PM

I avoid both. You are likely to get more laughs out of "The Apprentice: Your Fired" on BBC2 at the same time.

The Apprentice is funny, when i remember that these are supposed to be some Britains most clever or worthy...it makes me smile :D

Apprentice has best line ever.

'I'm going to ask you to drop the doggy nappy'

'Oh, you are, are you?'

'Yes'

You couldn't write it, oh wait, yes you can it'll be The Osbournes. But I love the Apprentice, waiting for Trey to breakdown and go on a killing spree.

Quote: David Chapman @ April 27, 2007, 11:30 PM

Yes - the idea - not the material. Mine is muuucch better.

I can't really believe they'll recommission Get a Grip. He has been good in the past to be fair to him and I don't believe he can be too thrilled with the outcome.

If the outcome is money, he'll like it.

Mr Elton's career took a turn for the worse when he hit the BBC with the over-touted and under-achieving 'Man From Aunty'. He said himself he wanted to stop ranting and have people listen to what he had to say, but it was the ranting that made it funny in the first place! The individual lines weren't particularly strong in themselves... What can we expect next, 'The Young Ones' but with no violence, rather respect for what Rik has to puke? Or Laurel and Hardy without the slapstick, rather respect for Stan's kindness? I rest my case.

I love rubbish :)

Whenever I see a trailer for something that looks like it's utter shambles I always make a note to watch it. It's compelling viewing; I watched the Charlotte Church Show, the Friday Night Project (the original, even worse show hosted by Jimmy Carr), Blunder, Feel The Force, The War At Home... Get A Grip looks wonderfully awful, I can't wait for tonight's episode.

Blunder was a train wreck, in fact it was so bad i turned to the news the hope of seeing a real train wreck.

I usually watch rubbish aswell, i've seen all those programs listed above. You forgot to mention Russel Brand's Channel 4 chat show. Painful viewing.

Presumably then, Retinend you found it quite good - considering you watch such crap and probably don't have time to watch anything good.

Right - let's give it ONE MORE CHANCE.

Are we expecting too much? Are we prejudiced? I'll try and watch it with a clean slate.

Bullies? Pots? Kettles?

Elton said something along the lines of "just because you're rich it doesn't mean you can bully people".

Benny Hill RIP.

PS - that laughter can not be genuine. Is there actually an audience?

Quote from Elton - "I'm a sad twat whose never been a celebrity - that's why I'm on this programme."

There were 2 adverts this time - 118 118 & Homebase plus 4 ITV trailers.

She can't act and HE is sooo smug.

This seems very much the same as I wrote here about a month ago.

And the topical news was Jade Goody, what was it a month ago 9/11

There's two twats behind that desk, one to be f**ked and the other one can get f**ked.

Even though it's cheesy and presented in away that reminds me somewhat of Legs Akimbo from The League of Gentlemen. I think if it was presented by decent presenters/comedians it could be an alright show.

But currently it's something that should be on ITV2 and then ITV2 should be turned off and then erased from everyones mind and then we all die just in case someone remembers.

Quote: Mr. Leevil @ May 2, 2007, 11:42 PM

But currently it's something that should be on ITV2 and then ITV2 should be turned off and then erased from everyones mind

Are you the bloke who got rid of the eighties?

The whats?

The constant looking back and forth from Ben Elton to the camera was really distracting.

I saw Ben Elton live at the Cambridge Corn Exchange a couple of years ago. In my opinion he still had 'it'... and my face was aching at the end I was laughing so hard. True, he didn't rant as much as he used to back in the day... but he still carried the mantle of a man angry and frustrated at life... which is what made him funny in the first place.

*excited jumping up and down etc.*

I know, I know... f**k em'. Let's all get together and write a funny sitcom/show ourselves...