BBC Comedy College Page 40

Quote: nubbit @ April 23 2008, 2:04 PM BST

But remember our scripts only 'nearly' made it. They still failed to make the grade.

You can't know that Nubbit. It didn't come in the first 40. Maybe the first 100 were superb but there's a cut off line for everything. You may have been the 41st but pipped to the post because of your CV

So, what is happening with the people who applied but have yet to get an e-mail? Because after reading all of this I'm confused. *shakes head*

Micheal has stated somewhere or other that he is not going to be emailing every single applicant.

So if you haven't heard yet, either:

- you won't hear anything (statistically most likely)

or

- you are in the top 40 (lucky you!)

Ah-ha, I see. That's all I really wanted to know, thanks. So, I suppose it's going to be another week of nail biting then?

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 23 2008, 2:15 PM BST

Ah-ha, I see. That's all I really wanted to know, thanks. So, I suppose it's going to be another week of nail biting then?

:D If you're an optimist

When will people who didn't enter find out?

Laughing out loud

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ April 23 2008, 2:40 PM BST

I think they don't announce the winner of people who didn't enter next week. If you didn't get an email stating that the submission you didn't write wasn't received then you probably won't hear that you were unsuccessful in not entering.

Quote: youbackbucks andi'llbackberks @ April 23 2008, 2:49 PM BST

I think they don't announce the winner of people who didn't enter next week. If you didn't get an email stating that the submission you didn't write wasn't received then you probably won't hear that you were unsuccessful in not entering.

:S

Many thanks

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ April 23 2008, 12:38 PM BST

Just to clarify - I'm only emailing people who genuinely nearly made the final 40. To do otherwise would be pointless, as well as giving me RSI.

Feeling a bit better about my guttedness now.

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ April 23 2008, 2:55 PM BST

Many thanks

You're welcome.

Rubbish, I got this earlier this morning:

Hello,

Many thanks for your non-submission to the BBC College of Comedy scheme. With over 12,500 people thinking about entering the competition, but not actually submitting material, it has certainly been not as busy as it might otherwise have been. I'm afraid you haven't made the final 40 because you didn’t actually enter, but I’m sure had you taken the time to send your work through, there could have been a 6.3% chance that you might have come close to getting an e-mail returned saying that you weren't far away from making the final 0.03% of people who did enter. I'm sorry to disappoint, but not as sorry as I am that you failed to thoroughly disappoint me by not sending me a disappointing sketch. Either way, congratulations for not sending work to the BBC College of Comedy. I wish you all the success in not entering material for the future.

Best wishes,

Micheál

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 23 2008, 2:07 PM BST

So, what is happening with the people who applied but have yet to get an e-mail? Because after reading all of this I'm confused. *shakes head*

That you're either in the top forty, or so out of it it's untrue.

Hoping for the former, myself.

Quote: nubbit @ April 23 2008, 2:04 PM BST

But remember our scripts only 'nearly' made it. They still failed to make the grade.

If your scripts didn't make the grade, then I doubt Micheal would have contacted you at all. Don't be too negative. To nearly make the grade from 1200 eligible entrants is a massive achievement.

I think at some point Micheal will put up a blog saying that the final forty/twenty/twelve etc. have been contacted. If you've heard nothing by then, you're out.

I was thinking of not entering, I weighed up the pro's and cons's of not submitting some sketchs but at the last moment I bottled it and applied. Still no use crying over non-spilt milk.

Quote: Pripyat @ April 23 2008, 3:05 PM BST

Rubbish, I got this earlier this morning:

Hello,

Many thanks for your non-submission to the BBC College of Comedy scheme. With over 12,500 people thinking about entering the competition, but not actually submitting material, it has certainly been not as busy as it might otherwise have been. I'm afraid you haven't made the final 40 because you didn’t actually enter, but I’m sure had you taken the time to send your work through, there could have been a 6.3% chance that you might have come close to getting an e-mail returned saying that you weren't far away from making the final 0.03% of people who did enter. I'm sorry to disappoint, but not as sorry as I am that you failed to thoroughly disappoint me by not sending me a disappointing sketch. Either way, congratulations for not sending work to the BBC College of Comedy. I wish you all the success in not entering material for the future.

Best wishes,

Micheál

Pripyat,

Be careful. I think that's one of those not-phishing emails. If they didn't ask you not to give them details to the bank account you haven't got then you might not lose some money you don't have in it.