I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,782

"Adam Diver@AdamDiver2

1h

I'm not one for complaining but I am gutted! I spent 27 years in the Army and today I was going to vote in my local elections. I was sadly turned away at the door as my Veteran ID was not allowed as formal ID. "

Absolute joke

Hopefully this will be the last local elections under the Tories for at least ten years

Labour should scrap this unneeded voter ID horse shit ASAP

Deterant??

More than 700 migrants arrived in the UK after crossing the Channel in a single day - a new record for the year so far.

The Home Office said 711 people made the journey in 14 boats on Wednesday, suggesting an average of 51 people per boat.

It takes the provisional total for the number of arrivals this year so far to 8,278.

Channel crossings had already hit a new record high for the first four months of a calendar year, and the latest figures show they have now jumped 34% on 2023 when 6,192 were recorded and are up 19% on the total at this stage in 2022 (6,945).

Last year 29,437 migrants arrived in the UK, down 36% on a record 45,774 arrivals in 2022.

Since the Safety of Rwanda (Asylum and Immigration) Act became law after receiving Royal Assent on Thursday last week, 1,611 migrants have made the journey in 32 boats.

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd May 2024, 12:03 PM

It takes the provisional total for the number of arrivals this year so far to 8,278.

Rookie numbers. Our southern border sees almost double that number every single day.

Oh ffs!

Boris Johnson was turned away from a polling station when trying to vote in the local elections after forgetting to bring acceptable photo ID.
Sky News understands polling station staff were forced to turn the former prime minister away after he initially failed to comply with legislation he introduced while he was in Downing Street.

BREAKIN THA LAW, BREAKIN THA LAW (again and again and..)

The government's plan to meet climate targets and green the economy has been ruled unlawful by the High Court.

The campaigning groups that brought the case had argued it relied too much on risky technologies and glossed over the risk of missing targets.

Judge Clive Sheldon upheld four out of the five grounds in the legal challenge.

Today ministers agreed to publish a new report within 12 months to comply with the ruling, but said the overarching plan had not been criticised and will remain government policy.

Katie de Kauwe, lawyer for one of the groups Friends of the Earth, called it an "embarrassing defeat for the government and its reckless and inadequate climate plans".

She added: "Cutting emissions isn't only essential to avert the worst of climate breakdown, it will create long-term jobs in green industries of the future, boost energy security, bring down our bills and end our reliance on costly fossil fuels."

Labour's shadow climate change secretary Ed Miliband called it a "new low".

Scandalous

I wonder if the smug little mayor of London is getting the tin tack today?
The word is - he's not doing well.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th May 2024, 8:10 AM

I wonder if the smug little mayor of London is getting the tin tack today?
The word is - he's not doing well.

We'll see - but I have a theory about this.
The rumour mill was a very co-ordinated affair - and came at the same time as a marked increase (from similar sources) in "Why is it taking so long - are they rigging the vote?"posts - all at a time well before counting even started (and with no exit polls).
Cleverly creating a win/win scenario foe Susan wossname's supporters.
But, as I say, it's just a theory.

Sunak now has a Labour mayor in his own constituency county

Nice 👍

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th May 2024, 10:20 AM

We'll see - but I have a theory about this.
The rumour mill was a very co-ordinated affair - and came at the same time as a marked increase (from similar sources) in "Why is it taking so long - are they rigging the vote?"posts - all at a time well before counting even started (and with no exit polls).
Cleverly creating a win/win scenario foe Susan wossname's supporters.
But, as I say, it's just a theory.

"Patrick Maguire
@patrickkmaguire
7 May 2021
I can't believe I'm writing this. But Tory sources say Shaun Bailey's campaign now believe they can win the London mayoralty."

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th May 2024, 10:33 AM

"Patrick Maguire
@patrickkmaguire
7 May 2021
I can't believe I'm writing this. But Tory sources say Shaun Bailey's campaign now believe they can win the London mayoralty."

Nothing new under the sun.

Anyway it's good imo if the tories get a few crumbs of comfort

It will hopefully allow Sunak to cling onto his job

And seeing he is now as unpopular as lettuce woman - that's perfect

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th May 2024, 10:48 AM

Anyway it's good imo if the tories get a few crumbs of comfort

It will hopefully allow Sunak to cling onto his job

And seeing he is now as unpopular as lettuce woman - that's perfect

I think he's safe.
Not sure the Tories have got the stomach for another Leadership contest

Yep even Penelope ain't up for the 'fight'

🥊

The Khan stunt is page one out of the Trump playbook and as usual picked up by the angry and gullible. Its the very basic claim you're winning and then suggest it was stolen from you. when you lose
To be honest I am not too concerned because even CCHQ didn't back her as she is totally f**king nuts and if she gets in she'll make Liz Truss's reign look sensible and trash any hope of the Tories nationally she's that mad.

Bailey just been on gbeebies saying if she loses its all the fault of the mainstream media for unfairly reporting all the gaffs the bonkers cow keeps making 🤣

London can breathe easy.
Literally.