British Comedy Quiz Page 72

The only one I knew was the Dad's Army one.

Quote: a plate @ 10th April 2024, 2:06 AM

Didn't get the Dad's Army question, but my first thought was "here's one for Herc"!

Slipped through Mark's net of not repeating questions it seems, as it was one of mine - it was in my first Dad's Army Quiz..........................

6/. In the first episode, when they were being recruited, what did Frasier say the business was he was in, before subsequently he was recast as the local undertaker?

Book shop
Art shop
Tobacconist
Philately Shop
Army surplus shop

Thank you everyone, glad you enjoyed the questions. I think it's clear I'm the last person to be able to judge objectively if a question is difficult or not 😆

Quote: Niki Walton @ 10th April 2024, 10:43 AM

Thank you everyone, glad you enjoyed the questions. 😆

Especially a repeat of one of mine...........................

To be honest, given 300 quizzes with 10-15 questions, I'm surprised there haven't been more duplicates.

Love the 'We all know...' cos I didn't.
I tend to be an obsessive rather than an all-rounder. When I say I like comedy, it means I like The Young Ones, ditto literature (Salinger and Sylvia Plath), music (Beatles and Sex Pistols), cinema (Ingmar Bergman).
Thanks for another fun quiz.

A lot of work, though.

Just the right level of difficulty on the quiz imo. Got the cell working which is good and the Qs weren't all my cup of comedy tea so happy with my 6/10.

That makes young Chris the winner this week. 😠 See how he does with my next one, no Qs past 1959 tee hee. 🙂

Quiz 302, from Hercules!
4/10. Very tricky set of questions there... I had to guess most of 'em.

I only knew two of them for certain...

..Or as it turns out, I didn't! The question about One Foot in the Grave, I knew straight away. But in a shocking twist, my answer for Margo's nemesis in The Good Life, which I also thought I knew instantly, turned out to be wrong! Gutted!
EDIT - OK, re-reading that question, I see what I did wrong! I bet that catches other people out too...

8!
Excellent quiz. Got the Keeping Up Appearances and Green Green Grass wrong.
Definitely fluked a few e.g. the Ronnie Barker one.

Quote: a plate @ 17th April 2024, 1:35 AM

Quiz 302, from Hercules!
4/10. Very tricky set of questions there...

Good 😁, as that is what I usually go for, and one of those was modified by Mark to make it easier, as I do like to throw in a red herring or two and make them quirky

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 17th April 2024, 5:34 AM

8!
Excellent quiz. Got the Keeping Up Appearances and Green Green Grass wrong.
Definitely fluked a few e.g. the Ronnie Barker one.

Excellent Chris, and what a contrast to our matey, platey

Another fun quiz. I got my usual crappy score of 2 and 2 and they were practically all guesses till 14 and 15. Happy Families is a gem and possibly Ben's finest hour - yes, even better than The Wright Way.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 17th April 2024, 9:06 AM

Another fun quiz. .

Thank you Michael 😊

7/10 and 4/5 for me this week. Most of the ones I easily knew were questions where I could also appreciate the red-herring alternative answers.

Got 1, 5-10, 12-15 correct. Only one lucky guess this time, the other incorrect answers related to shows or people I'm not familiar with.

Well done Niki 😊

7/10. Didn't get numbers 2, 3 or 10.