British Comedy Quiz Page 69

5/10.

3, 5 & 7 correct; 1 & 6 educated guesses.

Quote: a plate @ 28th February 2024, 1:59 AM

Quiz 295 by Niki Walton, and as expected a good mix of questions including some tough ones...

Thanks a plate, that's what I was aiming for, I try to start with something easier as an opener and build up to something a bit more fiendish.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 28th February 2024, 6:03 AM

Just the Mrs Slocombe one wrong.

Excellent Chris!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th February 2024, 6:53 AM

6/10 for me, the first 6 Qs all right, the next 4 all wrong, which means for me at least, this quiz is following the standard weighting of quiz Qs, starting with easy and ending with hard. Or it could just be me!

That was my plan AJK, glad to hear it's working :)

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 28th February 2024, 8:19 AM

4 and 1 but I can only count 1 (knew) and 13 (educated guess).

Thanks Michael, glad to see your Young Ones tally remain at 100%.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th February 2024, 8:53 AM

5/10.

3, 5 & 7 correct; 1 & 6 educated guesses.

Thanks Billy, an educated guess counts as working out the answer to me :)

Quote: Niki Walton @ 28th February 2024, 10:44 AM

Thanks Michael, glad to see your Young Ones tally remain at 100%.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HOmiJ3Tf9Cs

Is Vyv's dad ever mentioned in The Young Ones? I wonder if Vyv is the polar opposite of his dad or a chip off the old block. Like how the dad of the 'brilliant' kid from The Fast Show works at a breakers yard and hates everything and everyone in the entire world. He's worked with rubbish day in day out that now everything in his life is bloody rubbish. Cranberry sauce? CRANBERRY SAUCE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIcnqgHHlUg&ab_channel=clothkent

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 28th February 2024, 1:28 PM

Is Vyv's dad ever mentioned in The Young Ones?

There's a scene where Vyvyan asks his mother "How's Dad?" which gets the response "You know I've no idea who he is!"

Yes. His mother pops up twice (Boring and Sick), but I don't really think of The Young Ones as complex characters with back stories, more as comedians. With the exception of Chris Ryan, they were playing characters they'd developed on the circuit.

Quiz 296, from Hercules (who hasn't posted on the forum for months, but according to another thread he's still actively doing the Fantasy Football thing).
6/10. Got off to a good start, then a few trickier ones. Nice to see a question about Brush Strokes (although hopefully that f**ken song won't be stuck in my head now!)

Correct: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9.

Fun quiz again. Got 4/10 and 375, but only really knew 1, 6 and 12.

7/10 Happy enough with that, it turned out to be harder than it first looked.

6/10. Numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 8.

If I'd have known what the photo was in question 4 I would have got that too!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th March 2024, 7:51 AM

7/10 Happy enough with that, it turned out to be harder than it first looked.

Don't encourage me.

Nice one Herc! Pleased with my 10/10 and 2/5. Though a bit unnerving to realise how old the show in Q11 is now.

8 for me.
Got 4 and 10 wrong.
Good quiz!

Thank you everyone peeps, for your kind remarks. 😊

Quiz 297. I got 9/10!

My only wrong answer was question 5, but I never cared much for Monty Python. (Gasp!)

Further potential blasphemy - I don't listen to radio comedy, so the Goon Show question was a guess. (Hercules gasps!)

Question 10 was also a guess. (Fans of whatever the bloody Hell that was gasp!)

Other than that, I knew 'em for pretty much definite, though the 'odd one out' question took a bit of working out as not all the names were instantly familiar.

It always seems a shame to be doing the 15th post on a page, as the next post will start a new page, so fewer people will probably bother going back to the previous page to read the last post on there! Tell me I'm wrong!