I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,769

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th April 2024, 12:14 PM

You'd like to think so but, given we're talking about modern day politicians, that's clearly not going to happen whoever wins.

I'd like to see this thread confined to actual grown up adult posts but clearly, with regard to one particular contributor, that's not going to happen either.

Well that's a bit mean on Stephen but hey it's a free country...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th April 2024, 12:14 PM

I'd like to see this thread confined to actual grown up adult posts but clearly, with regard to one particular contributor, that's not going to happen either.

😆😂 Oh, and forgot he usually likes to use a bin full of them, as he's such a card and is so funny. 😂🤣😃😄😅😆

**EDIT
And we're not talking about Stephen, you knob

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th April 2024, 12:19 PM

**EDIT
And we're not talking about Stephen, you knob

Knob??

How very very grown up!

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th April 2024, 12:43 PM

Dentistry in this country is an absolute joke - another tory failure

You've got more chance in a bloody war zone

"Ukrainian mother living in Wiltshire says she returned to her war-torn country because she could not access NHS dental care.

Natalia Negreba has recently had root canal work done in the city of Dnipro.

The 36-year-old said she was in "excruciating" pain, but could not find NHS dental care or afford to pay for private treatment.

The care board that covers Wiltshire said it had laid on "additional urgent dental care appointments" since 2021.

Dnipro, which is fewer than 100km (62 miles) from the front line, was on the receiving end of a devastating wave of attacks by Russian forces in December."

These news are truly horrifying, and I can't believe that such things are happening to people in our time, the 21st century.

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th April 2024, 12:31 PM

Knob??

How very very grown up!

As long as you got the point, and realise not everyone hangs on your "words of wisdom", but find them tiresome.

As opposed to your "words of wisdom" ? Like calling me a "knob" ?

What witty repartee 😆

Anyway thanks for your contribution mate 😉

Same time tomorrow ... 👋

Brexit "sunlit uplands" latest ...

"Trade groups have warned of higher food prices and empty supermarket shelves because of new post-Brexit border fees being introduced this month.

A maximum charge of £145 will apply on imports of plant and animal products, such as cheese and fish, entering the UK through the Port of Dover and Eurotunnel from 30 April.

The fees are intended to cover the cost of operating new border control posts required after Brexit, and will not apply to goods brought into the UK for personal use, the government said.

But importers warned the new charges could lead to higher prices for consumers.

The Cold Chain Federation's chief executive, Phil Pluck, said: "Ultimately, this will increase business costs and food prices and potentially lower choices for the shopper."

James Barnes, chairman of the Horticultural Trades Association, said the policy "feels like it is constructed on the back of an envelope at best" and that the charges would "undoubtedly increase costs" and increase the likelihood of empty shelves in supermarkets."

Higher prices and empty shelves!

Awesome 😎 👏

So, Wragg not losing the whip.
He was quick enough whipping it out to send those dick pics
Then even quicker whipping out his address book to stitch up his mates.
Classy.

It's truthfully shameful and can't be defended.
So you have to wonder why..... many thoughts come to mind.

Ahh that old 80's style Tory favourite- the sex scandal

Now I can add 'perverts' to my lengthy list of current Tory failings

Cecil Parkinson would be proud

In other news Sunak got bowled out today - by a child

I guess all the fancy boarding schools he went to, were as good at teaching him cricket as they were at teaching him accounts and finance

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th April 2024, 6:50 PM

So, Wragg not losing the whip.
He was quick enough whipping it out to send those dick pics

No not lost the whip

Praised by the chancellor of the exchequer though

"The chancellor has praised a Tory MP for apologising after he admitted he gave other MPs' personal phone numbers to someone on a dating app."

He'll probably become the next Home Secretary as a reward

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th April 2024, 5:21 PM

As opposed to your "words of wisdom" ? Like calling me a "knob" ?

What witty repartee 😆

You're slipping - you missed out 😂🤣😃😄😅

🦆

I see your duck and raise you a cock 🐓

I see that illinois is getting its second solar eclipse in 7 years when the time betweem them should be about 375 years on average
And the US are hosting the next world cup as well
I can't help but wonder that if it wasn't for Brexit the UK might be hosting the World Cup or having more regular eclipses

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th April 2024, 2:00 AM

I see that illinois is getting its second solar eclipse in 7 years when the time betweem them should be about 375 years on average

My city in Texas had an annular "ring of fire" eclipse last October, and we're in the path of totality for Monday's eclipse. I'm back in Dublin, but I scheduled my trip to ensure that I'd be home in time for the big event. I'll land just after midnight, and I plan to drive 50 miles to a friend's getaway house in Bandera for their big eclipse party. Traffic is expected to be terrible on the roads in the area, so I'm hoping that things will be better at 1 AM.

Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?
No.