This forum Page 12

it's terrible but I have given up reporting.
It's akin to walking down the high street and a bloke stands in your way holding a placard in your face that says 'shop at Jones.
And he won't move until you go to Jones shop.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 1st February 2024, 6:05 PM

I am trying to navigate this site and the pop ups are driving me crazy! I just wanted to delve into a bit of comedy but I fear that I will put my foot through the screen in a moment. I'll be sending Mark and Aaron the bill though - apologies guys, but this is just too much to bear.

Agh! We're going to be changing our advertising set-up very shortly, so it should all become much easier.

Are the pop-ups you're experiencing what people have described above? If any different it'd be useful to hear so we can make sure they are excised too.

Thanks all. I am the grumpiest of goats at the moment but this does make me feel much better.

If you use the Duckduckgo browser, all adverts are gone. So it's a Chrome problem.
But that browser is very clunky and it probably stops advertising revenue.

I use one on my phone called "free ad blocker" - it does what it says on the tin SOMETIMES.

We've nearly completed moving over to a new advertising provider today, so you should no longer experience the clunky, overlapping adverts that were previously being shown on the forums.

At the moment we're still working with the new company to refine exactly how and where they're deployed, so if you see any issues on any page, please take a screenshot and post below so that we can investigate.

Thank you all for your patience, and sorry for the prior inconvenience.

Quote: Aaron @ 25th March 2024, 8:46 PM

We've nearly completed moving over to a new advertising provider today, so you should no longer experience the clunky, overlapping adverts that were previously being shown on the forums.

At the moment we're still working with the new company to refine exactly how and where they're deployed, so if you see any issues on any page, please take a screenshot and post below so that we can investigate.

Thank you all for your patience, and sorry for the prior inconvenience.

Thank you, Aaron - hopefully all will be well soon.

I've disabled the Chrome AdBlocker extension and so far no pop up ads so looking good up my end.

Thanks DT, much obliged!