What are you reading right now? Page 248

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th January 2024, 7:22 PM

Slow Horses

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Just really enjoyed, 'Different Times: A History of British Comedy' by David Stubbs.. Really good.

"Ready Player One" is an exciting story about a guy searching for treasure in a captivating virtual world. The book is full of adventures, humor, and references to famous games and movies. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm enjoying it. I started reading it because I saw a review on a website saying it's a must-read for adventure-loving gamers, and so far, it's living up to the recommendation!

Quote: carvaSARA @ 17th January 2024, 9:52 AM

"Ready Player One" is an exciting story about a guy searching for treasure in a captivating virtual world. The book is full of adventures, humor, and references to famous games and movies. I haven't finished it yet. But I'm enjoying it. In November, when I got the task to write an article for the school newspaper, I was browsing through this website https://gradesfixer.com/essay-types/proposal-essays/ , somehow, I found a review about this book. I remember feeling pretty excited about the idea of giving it a read for sure.

Just finished "Ready Player One" and now I've started reading "Neuromancer" by William Gibson. Only 20 pages in, and I'm completely immersed in that atmosphere.

On to the next book in the Christmas stack.
The Glutton A K Blakemore.
A fictional novel, but based on a historical figure - a french peasant boy who literally ate everything, yet was always hungry.
Somewhat weird, but beautifully written.

Christmas pressie? A book about a glutton?

Is someone trying to tell you something?! 😬

The thought temporarily crossed my mind.
But then I was distracted by a mince-pie.

😋

Quote: Thavok @ 18th January 2024, 12:27 PM

Just finished "Ready Player One" and now I've started reading "Neuromancer" by William Gibson. Only 20 pages in, and I'm completely immersed in that atmosphere.

Glad you liked Ready Player One. I enjoyed it myself. Have you ever seen the film?
I'd also recommend the more recent Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow if you like books about gaming.

Just started The Terror by Dan Simmons.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 22nd January 2024, 6:20 AM

Glad you liked Ready Player One. I enjoyed it myself. Have you ever seen the film?
I'd also recommend the more recent Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow if you like books about gaming.

That's the next one on my Christmas stack!

Will this stack by finished by next Christmas??

Only two more to go.

The Book of Spells by Arthur Edward Waite, first published in 1911 as The Book of Ceremonial Magic.

Quote: beaky @ 24th January 2024, 6:17 PM

The Book of Spells by Arthur Edward Waite, first published in 1911 as The Book of Ceremonial Magic.

Are they working?