British Comedy Quiz Page 66

Pleased with my 9/10 and 2/5 there, got 1-8, 10, 12, 14 correct. I'm not good on podcasts and that definitely shows.

8/10. Obviously not # 2. Nor # 6.

Got 3, 5, 6 and 10 wrong, so 6 out of 10 for me on the January 17 quiz.
Good one - difficulty level was spot on.

Great quiz today AJK, my lowest score for a while 6/10 and 3/5 but a really interesting set of questions.

Managed to get 1, 3, 7-11, 13 & 15 correct.

7/10. Didn't get numbers 5, 7 or 9.

3 and 1 but all guesses except Al fresco (which is surprisingly shit) and 11 (which I still got wrong).

Well I think you all did extremely well as there were some toughies in there I would've struggled with myself. Surprised most here had no problem with Q9 and 7.

As an added teaser there is a big anniversary in a few days for one of the answers of the first ten Qs.
And thanks Mark for recognizing the date to put the quiz in. Prize is a virtual tube of fruit polos.

Who is it? Clue - not everyone here got that one right, which also surprised me.

Quiz 289 from Alfred, only 2/10 for me! A bit of a drop from last week's 10/10 triumph...
Correct answers: 7, 8. The only one I knew for certain was question 7 (which sitcom started with an episode called Yesterday's Jam).

No idea for your added teaser...

I thought Q7 was one of the harder ones so well done Teaser answer Benny Hill would've been 100 on 21st.

Quiz 290 from Niki Walton, and a better result for me this week, 6/10.

I knew the Porridge one instantly, some of the others took a bit of working out or were lucky guesses.
I never listened to the original radio version of question 8, but vaguely remembered the TV programme from the photo of the cast.

Didn't get the Fawlty Towers one, despite seeing all the episodes umpteen times!

Correct: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9.

I got 2, 3, 4 and 6 wrong. So 6 for me as usual!
All great questions. Well done!

That was tough! I got 6 and 3, my best, but again, every single one was a guess (except the Radio Active One).

7/10. I got numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 correct of which numbers 2 & 7 were "educated" guesses.

Happy with 7/10. Got Qs 4,7,10 wrong. Any Qs on standups I'll struggle with. Annoyed I got the Wallace & Grommet one wrong.

I was lucky with the Fawlty Towers one as it was reserve Q in my FT quiz, knocked out by a late knocked out Manuel Q.

Quote: a plate @ 24th January 2024, 2:47 AM

I never listened to the original radio version of question 8, but vaguely remembered the TV programme from the photo of the cast.

Didn't get the Fawlty Towers one, despite seeing all the episodes umpteen times!

Correct: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9.

Thanks a plate, I didn't listen to the radio show either, I had little concept of radio sketch shows until scripts turned up in the 1989 Comic Relief book.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 24th January 2024, 7:03 AM

I got 2, 3, 4 and 6 wrong. So 6 for me as usual!
All great questions. Well done!

Thank you Chris 🙂

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 24th January 2024, 7:07 AM

That was tough! I got 6 and 3, my best, but again, every single one was a guess (except the Radio Active One).

Well done Michael 👍

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th January 2024, 8:34 AM

7/10. I got numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 correct of which numbers 2 & 7 were "educated" guesses.

Well done Billy 🙂

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th January 2024, 8:43 AM

Happy with 7/10. Got Qs 4,7,10 wrong. I was lucky with the Fawlty Towers one as it was reserve Q in my FT quiz, knocked out by a late knocked out Manuel Q.

Well done AJK, I was surprised the Fawlty Towers question hadn't featured in a previous quiz.