British Comedy Quiz Page 64

Quiz 284 from Niki Walton! A good quiz and variety of questions as ever.
And surprisingly I got 8/10!

I knew a few of them instantly, such as the Baldrick question, but some of them took a bit of thinking about, such as the Hard Days Night one. The Stephen Fry novel was the only outright guess, although I picked the title that seemed vaguely familiar and got it.

Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9.

9 for me!
Surprised myself! Only got question 1 wrong which I actually thought I'd got right.
Lucky on a few of the others. Also lucky I'd read stuff relevant to the Rising Damp and Morecambe and Wise features just this week!
A good quiz.

That was awesome. 5 and 3 and not as many guesses as usual.

To my horror, I got the Beatles one wrong and the Blackadder one right. The shame. But I compensated with the Young Ones spin-off.

9/10. Strange because I didn't watch Little Britain or the Mash Report but knew the answers,

Just got number 5 wrong. Have to admit #10 was a complete guess though.

4/10 and surprised I got that many. eg. I've never watched a whole episode of Little Britain but got that one right. And another of my drafted Qs nearly came up but I can still use it, bizarrely on the subject of RD's Spooner.😯🤔🙂

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 13th December 2023, 6:47 AM

To my horror, I got the Beatles one wrong and the Blackadder one right. The shame.

You'll never be able to diss Blackadder again Michael. You'll be reminded of your closet love for it as evidenced from BCQ284.

Very good Niki with your Quiz 284 - nice mix again! 😊

8/10 and 3/5, which I'm very pleased with as I was not 100% sure with a couple of them

Thank you everyone for your feedback, which I shall use as proof to my mother that I can write easier questions when I try 😆

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th December 2023, 9:41 AM

You'll never be able to diss Blackadder again Michael. You'll be reminded of your closet love for it as evidenced from BCQ284.

The evenings will fly by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas Quiz 2023 by Niki Walton! Just a festive 4/10 for me. Must've been fun thinking of the different answers for q10!

Correct answers: 2, 5, 6, 9.

6 and 2 but nearly all guesses. Partridge was an educated guess and I'm very sad to say I've now got Blackf**kingadder questions right twice.

3/10. Bah Humbug!

5/10 and 1/5 for me, mostly educated guesses, and the fact that "Q4 In her opening stand-up monologue to the 1987 Christmas special of Victoria Wood As Seen On TV, Victoria explains that a 'special' means the show is "ten minutes longer, and ________"?" - the show was repeated on BBC4 last week and I'd only just watched it last night!! 😆

5/10.

The only one I actually knew, and could have answered without the options, was # 6. With # 2 I knew which three it wasn't, which left me with two possibilities from which to choose and one was more likely than the other.

I also got the answers to # 3, 4 & 8 correct because they seemed the most likely of the alternatives provided.

Only 4.
2, 5, 6 and 8.
Good quiz though! Merry Christmas everyone.

Thank you everyone, it was a fun quiz to put together, and I did think after submitting it that a few re-runs of classic Christmas shows might prove useful for some quizzers in terms of revision! A little scary to realise how long ago some of them were made too 😬