I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,719

Everyone really should bite their lip! If you're annoyed by someone else, please just ignore them.

If we see a load of old bollocks, however, I presume it's OK to politely correct said bollocks?

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th December 2023, 3:47 PM

If we see a load of old bollocks, however, I presume it's OK to politely correct said bollocks?

Yes - but in the spirit of constructive discussion. All too often it seems to be descending into petty squabbles quite quickly!

On a lighter note and out of curiosity I wonder how many posters on this site eat their evening meals at the table as opposed to the living room watching TV.?
Unless we have well-dressed visitors, we mostly eat sat watching TV. Although I would have to say that eating your Christmas dinner on the couch if you have a table and chairs makes you worse than Hitler. But that's just me.

Sadly one man's petty squabble is another's reasoned argument fully supported by facts.
But I get your drift.

Low table to my left for ashtray, drink and tv remotes, computer desk to my right and TV straight ahead. Small table pulled across in front of me if I'm eating off a plate :)

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 12th December 2023, 4:01 PM

On a lighter note and out of curiosity I wonder how many posters on this site eat their evening meals at the table as opposed to the living room watching TV.?
Unless we have well-dressed visitors, we mostly eat sat watching TV. Although I would have to say that eating your Christmas dinner on the couch if you have a table and chairs makes you worse than Hitler. But that's just me.

Always at a table - anything else is an abomination.
But then, I am a frightful snob.

Regardless of your views on immigration to see someone commit suicide while being housed in marine accommodation being used like a Victorian prison hulk is an awful thing.
I only hope that the government ensures that this poor sods body is returned to his family so that they can grieve for the loss of a 'Dreamer' who encountered a 'Nightmare'

They'll probably insists he's buried in Rwanda.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th December 2023, 4:11 PM

'I don't see it like that its not a snobbish action its what you like best and often how you were brought up.
Another quirk I have is that I have my pudding right after my tea its down to eating off trays when I was a kid in care and custody .

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th December 2023, 4:11 PM

Totally agree, apart from the snob bit (but you can speak for yourself 😁), as it is not only civilised, but sitting upright, as you should do, aids digestion, instead of a crunched-up stomach on a sofa/settee/couch/chaise longue (take yer pick, you know what class you are)

Seeing people eating on a low-slung piece of upholstery or bean bag, usually in front of the television, is a complete anathema to me

I ate at the table, but I was watching something on my laptop.

Quote: zooo @ 12th December 2023, 5:42 PM

I ate at the table, but I was watching something on my laptop.

And I bet you had your elbows on the table like a neanderthal!

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 12th December 2023, 6:26 PM

And I bet you had your elbows on the table like a neanderthal!

Aaron said we need to be nice to each other

Suggesting Zooo behaves at meal times like an unevolved, knuckle dragging simpleton- maybe crossing some sort of red line

Keep it festive mate 🎄👍😋

When I was a very naughty boy, I was in a place in Uttoxeter with a lot of other naughty boys mostly from Liverpool.
The regime was brutal, but the food was actually very good except they had a rule designed to get at the Scousers.
Basically, you could have as much bread as you wanted but you couldn't make a chip butty, you had to put the bread on the plate and use a fork to put your chips on it and then eat it like a halibut.
We ate in a massive hall with 'Instructors' watching us like hawks. Anyway, one night a new kid from Burnley was at our table and the internal phone on the wall rang. Now obviously it was for the staff and it was usually the governor.
But the staff where all at one end of the hall and I said to the new kid half joking 'Get that' and he did and while he was being dragged out with extreme prejudice all the Scouser made chip butties.
I'm not proud of that now but at the time it was an amazing chip butty.

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th December 2023, 6:29 PM

Aaron said we need to be nice to each other

Suggesting Zooo behaves at meal times like an unevolved, knuckle dragging simpleton- maybe crossing some sort of red line

Keep it festive mate 🎄👍😋

I retract the Neanterthal jibe without prejudice and in the spirit of the season I now see it as the actions of an 'Ill Informed Elf' That saves me having to eat a calming mince pie as they play havoc with my blood sugars.