What are you watching on TV? Page 2,286

I watched the very first ever season

And it's was ok , bit of a laugh

But that was enough, it's done

why do they need to keep doing the same shit year after year over and over and over again

Not complaining, it's a snappy little tune. But why are Tesco using it on their Christmas ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

Finished watching Sex Education last night. As I came to it late, I didn't have to endure the two year gap between series 3 and 4, and watched all four in one glorious binge. Extremely raunchy, veering from broad comedy to pathos and tragedy and sometimes real profundity, the numerous story arcs crossing and interweaving in amazing complexity, which were mainly all resolved in the final dizzying episode, which even included a dose of magical realism. And the acting - dear God, no one put a foot wrong. I was in tears when it finally finished, mainly because I wouldn't see these marvellous characters again.
The best thing I've ever seen on television, this alone justifying your Netflix subscription. A masterpiece.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th November 2023, 12:05 AM

The repeats of "Winter Walks" on BBC4

Thanks for pointing these out. Thoroughly enjoying them with my Corn flakes when I wake up at silly times.

😊

The Beverly Hillbillies

This episode features Sharon Tate..

God bless her soul 😕

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th December 2023, 4:42 PM

The Beverly Hillbillies

This episode features Sharon Tate..

God bless her soul 😕

Why that thing that killed her was allowed to continue to breath air is beyond me - keeping him alive served no purpose whatsoever. Horrific murders.

24 Hours In Police Custody. I had to skip the last hour and jump to the end to see what the outcome was because it was the most annoying opening 30 minutes I've seen on what is usually a gripping documentary. Idiots high on drink and drugs cause a standoff with armed police which thankfully ends without incident and then they blame the alcohol, drugs, NHS for not providing adequate mental health treatment, frustration over lack of contact with his estranged daughter and every other excuse they can think of to get sympathy and the programme seemed to be geared towards that.

"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"
"No comment"

Fkn scumbags 😡😝

Glad I didn't miss anything by not watching them in interview. Another documentary that seems to be going down the pan and is now more concerned with finding tension and giving excessive screen time to antisocial idiots looking for five minutes of internet fame instead of just being a fly on the wall. There's lots of mental health support out there and not all of it via the NHS but people need to actually do something about it and makes positive changes happen themselves not expect the NHS to wave a magic wand.

Just watched Jane McDonald's Christmas Cruise. I love her.

We didn't have 'mental health' when I was growing up. We read a book, played outside with our friends, built carts from old pram wheels. All the while under the threat of Uncle Ivan dropping a bucket of instant sunshine on us.

Quote: fasty @ 9th December 2023, 3:24 AM

We didn't have 'mental health' when I was growing up. We read a book, played outside with our friends, built carts from old pram wheels. All the while under the threat of Uncle Ivan dropping a bucket of instant sunshine on us.

And at school, the slow learners were not put in a special needs class, but were put on the back row to make things out of raffia.

I still have some of my school reports.
I thought it might be just my school but I found out later that it was the national curriculum of grading pupils intelligence.
A,B,C,D of course but then Retarded as the lowest grade.

I see my grandchildren's reports and they have flowing paragraphs of prose describing their abilities.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th December 2023, 8:43 AM

slow learners

That's not what I meant and I'm sure you knew that ;)

Anyone who has to temporarily forego their usual routine - e.g. lockdown, dropped from the first eleven, moved to a different school building because of construction defects - now has 'mental health' problems. In my day it was called being inconvenienced/pissed off for a while.