BCG Fantasy Premier League 2022/23 Page 38

Same happened to me, I even sold Salah as well
Don't sweat it, it's a funny old game
but I knew I should have brought in Mahrez, I regretted it as soon as I'd hit ok on the transfers
Grealish was always due a rest, as he's a free kick getting machine, so Pep has to utilise him against Madrid

Well done Beaky on having Gundogan, good move
My momentum has stalled a bit this week, but onwards and hopefully upwards

Yes well played Billy, although his top pick cost him a probable 8 pts with a penalty miss that led to an unlikely goal against his team. And I decided at the last minute to abandon my search for a big differential by pulling the armband off Salah and it lost me a valuable 8 pts in my chase for top spot. I failed to speculate to accumulate and it could cost me dearly.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th May 2023, 6:43 PM

Well done Beaky

Beaky?

Even lowly me captained Salah and had Gundogan - and now I'm in a fight to the death with Bunter in the H2H.

Well played Stephen, now carry that form into next season.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th May 2023, 11:12 AM

- and now I'm in a fight to the death with Bunter in the H2H.

51 points (with Rashford still to play) v 49 points (with Rashford, Fernandes & Weghorst still to play).

If it were a snooker frame, I would be conceding now.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th May 2023, 6:38 PM

51 points (with Rashford still to play) v 49 points (with Rashford, Fernandes & Weghorst still to play).

Where was Fernandes' customary yellow card when I needed it?

Great! My Brighton players are getting minus points now.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th May 2023, 8:43 AM

Yes well played Billy,

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th May 2023, 6:43 PM

Well done Beaky on having Gundogan, good move

Well played? Really?

Bunter brought Gundogan in GW25 on his wildcard, because he couldn't afford De Bruyne who he'd had before. In the ten weeks he's owned him he'd had two attacking returns of 6 and 7 out of 8 games including one where Bunter benched him. That's 3pts a week.

Both his goals were scored from the edge of the 18 yard box where he was unmarked as you would expect as a defensive midfielder. The skill was in Mahrez picking him out. And his penalty was awful.

March was predicted to start and should have. March's injury and Steele's OG are just blind bad luck - he got 9pts last week and saved a penalty a couple of weeks earlier.
I owned MacAllister but sold him when he lost his number 10 role. He scored last night by falling on the floor and the ball bouncing in off his back.

Everton were expected to lose and Doucouré had two goals all season before last night and even McNeil only had five. Those of us who prepared for the final flood of Brighton gameweeks are basically f**ked and would have been better to have done nothing. That's how random this game is.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th May 2023, 9:34 AM

Where was Fernandes' customary yellow card when I needed it?

Well they're temperamental that lot, as well as being er temperamental, so he probably wanted a day off like he often has on the field for Utd. He's woefully inconsistent, not at all used to the constant cut and thrust of our Premship. He's like that Casemiro, clumsy in the challenge because he's not used to it. They don't get as many cards in Spain or Italy because the football's so slow and they don't face many attacks.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 9th May 2023, 2:10 PM

Everton were expected to lose and Doucouré had two goals all season before last night and even McNeil only had five. Those of us who prepared for the final flood of Brighton gameweeks are basically f**ked and would have been better to have done nothing. That's how random this game is.

When I saw the 5-3 score of the first game yesterday, I had a feeling I should've taken a punt on at least one of the bottom team players because they all went for it, 21 goals in 3 matches! Everton nearly doubled their whole season tally in one game while all 3 of my top 3 team strikers blanked. There's a lesson to be learned somewhere in that.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th May 2023, 3:44 PM

When I saw the score of the first game yesterday, I had a feeling I should've taken a punt on at least one of the bottom team players because they all went for it, 21 goals in 3 matches! Everton nearly doubled their whole season tally in one game while all 3 of my top 3 team strikers blanked. There's a lesson to be learned somewhere in that.

Yeah. The lesson is don't play this f**king game.

Here's the team of the week - https://fantasy.premierleague.com/team-of-the-week/35

Ramsdale
Tori, Pedro Porro, Van Dijk
McNeil, Willian, Cairney, Doucouré, Ward-Prowse
Iwoniyi, Vinicius

Basically, if you had any of these players in your team with the possible exception of Van Dijk, you don't know what you're doing.

A disastrous few weeks for me, which seemed to be kickstarted by forgetting about one of the midweek GWs and getting an embarrassing return. This must be how Chappers used to feel for every week of every season he "played" the game.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th May 2023, 8:43 AM

...differential...

Ah yes, I'd just like to say I got this word from reading Godot's posts, and not from any daily DM (deluxe membership) FFS bulletins sent to me by DM, ffs.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd May 2023, 2:52 PM

Now a three horse race again due to another surge of the Radish, but I bet he's thrashing himself for leaving Oldguard on the bench.

I think that may be proof he doesn't even read these threads anymore as he benched him again missing another ten pts (minus the 2 for standard duff stand in). He could actually be in the lead now if not for his Odegord indifference. Shame.

Quote: Ben @ 9th May 2023, 7:35 PM

A disastrous few weeks for me, which seemed to be kickstarted by forgetting about one of the midweek GWs and getting an embarrassing return. This must be how Chappers used to feel for every week of every season he "played" the game.

I passed you gameweek 33 - the one you missed the deadline for. I would have felt bad about it for that reason (and posted as much on here), save for the fact that I also missed the deadline.

In my case it meant I had Rashford and Pinnock on the bench, in your case Haaland who you probably would have captained.

Those 18 points would mean I wouldn't be behind Bunter now. But then I was planning to bring in Salah so I'd be much better off generally.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th May 2023, 7:16 AM

Ah yes, I'd just like to say I got this word from reading Godot's posts, and not from any daily DM (deluxe membership) FFS bulletins sent to me by DM, ffs.

I think the fact that you know the word 'differential' is used by the Scout site (I and the other clique members will take your word for it), shows that you obviously have Gold Balls membership or whatever their luxury package is called.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th May 2023, 7:16 AM

I think that may be proof he doesn't even read these threads anymore as he benched him again missing another ten pts (minus the 2 for standard duff stand in). He could actually be in the lead now if not for his Odegord indifference. Shame.

Thanks for reminding me I need to make a formal statement about this. Statement follows below.

Clique Announcement

The Clique (Up the Clique Without a Paddle) is the official league of the BCG. All are welcome but pisstakers will be banned. This season we have had very relaxed administration with no posting regs. As a consequence participation has declined. Some fall off may also be due to some of the wildly unpredictable results this season, which has sometimes made the game feel not worth playing.

Next season I will be bringing back the posting rule. I welcome all and any input on this.

The following are Clique members in good standing:

Anton
Kipper
Bunter
Godot
Ben
Steve
Herc
Goodlad

The following are members who are not:

Radish
JP (Shotgun)
Dan
Fiori

Steve Fiori actually posted a bit at the start of the season, which obviously counts in his favour, and not all members in good standing have posted as much as each other, but all have contributed and made it worth coming here. Goodlad has stopped playing but still posts, which is the kind of engagement and community spirit we should be looking for.

So, all members in the second list are to be considered suspended from the Clique. I will not actually suspend them, which would remove their names from table, because this will mean that they won't automatically be included when the Clique respawns next season, but their scores are not valid in relation to any members in good standing.

In other words Herc is actually 7th behind Steve and Bunter is third.