BCG Fantasy Premier League 2022/23 Page 41

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd May 2023, 8:06 AM

Well whatever Sunshine says, fate intervened again to nobble me. Injury to the manager this time instead of his players. Three weeks worth of Pregabalin had its say at selection time, was like having a head full of linguine, but it's only now I'm off off them I can see it. Trailing 40 points with two games left you do not captain the same obvious player as the leader. Hopefully I can land 2nd spot.

Unlucky Alf

Well played for the season, and it's just a shame that you Kippered it a bit towards the end
If Arsenal can regroup and win it next season then so can you, don't lose faith

My players are falling like flies - getting seriously pissed off. Thank heavens the season is over, as it's been absolute crap.

Just made one transfer, so f**k it. That's it

That's the spirit!

One game to go and the only week where all matches are played simultaneously which is kind of cool
Or just the way it always used to be before all that TV stuff happened

My only objective now seems to be trying to get more points than Ben
But if it's anything like the old Writers Dock sitcom comp then I won't have much of a chance, but I'l give it a try

Team done
Transfer hits taken.
Good luck all.

F**k me. 5 minutes to go, and I've still got a full team. No one's been dropped because they have a hangnail.

Wonders will never cease

I think I shall be relying heavily on my bench this afternoon. No Allison, no Konatรฉ, no Wan-Bissaka, no Gundogan, no Haaland...

Unless of course they come on for the final 30 seconds (while my substitutes score a hat-trick or two).

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th May 2023, 2:53 PM

F**k me. 5 minutes to go, and I've still got a full team. No one's been dropped because they have a hangnail.

Wonders will never cease

Apart from Haaland, Martial, Mitoma, Gundogan & Estupinan of course...

Well (if I may be allowed three posts in a row) that was an oddly mixed final day of the season for me. Managed (somehow) to beat Alf in the H2H and so went up one place to finish 3rd.

But my season-long game of leapfrog with Godot was finally settled in his favour (congratulations ๐Ÿ˜ฅ) as I slipped down one place to 5th (or is it 4th?)

And of course congratulations to Anton on winning the whole darn thing. I will endeavour to make more of a fight of it next year (if there is a next year).

I did at least manage to beat 9,888,806 teams worldwide(!)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th May 2023, 4:36 PM

Apart from Haaland, Martial, Mitoma, Gundogan & Estupinan of course...

Exactly, and who is next to Haaland, who I gave the armband to, in my team? Kane on 32 points. So if I'd have given it to him - just Kane alone would have scored me more points than most other Clique entire teams FFS!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Godot it IS a lottery.

What a bloody season

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th May 2023, 8:55 AM

Well (if I may be allowed three posts in a row) that was an oddly mixed final day of the season for me. Managed (somehow) to beat Alf in the H2H and so went up one place to finish 3rd.

But my season-long game of leapfrog with Godot was finally settled in his favour (congratulations ๐Ÿ˜ฅ) as I slipped down one place to 5th (or is it 4th?)

And of course congratulations to Anton on winning the whole darn thing. I will endeavour to make more of a fight of it next year (if there is a next year).

I did at least manage to beat 9,888,806 teams worldwide(!)

3,945,212th for me, AND one very tiny consolation - managed to move up to 7th in the H2H, beating Ben, of all people.

And yes, congratulations to Anton

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th May 2023, 9:39 AM

Exactly, and who is next to Haaland, who I gave the armband to? Kane on 32 points. So if I'd have given it to him - just Kane alone would have scored me more points than most other Clique entire teams FFS!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Godot it IS a lottery.

What a bloody season

But you did (in effect) give it to Kane. He was your vice-captain and, in the absence of your captain, he took over the armband (don't let's start that all over again!). He scored 16 points, which was doubled up to 32.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th May 2023, 9:44 AM

But you did (in effect) give it to Kane. He was your vice-captain and, in the absence of your captain, he took over the armband (don't let's start that all over again!). He scored 16 points, which was doubled up to 32.

Thank you Billy. Of course - my brain is not functioning properly. I thought 64 looked a bit OTT. ๐Ÿ˜† Still, bollocks to Haaland, or should that be Pep.

Thanks guys. The last day was fittingly as random as most of the season. Definitely more luck than judgement this season. Well done for everyone in keeping going until the end. It was always close at the top which is a lot more fun than when someone just nails it early on and stays a hundred-odd ahead throughout.

Have a good summer and hopefully see you all next season.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 29th May 2023, 12:29 PM

Have a good summer and hopefully see you all next season.

I'm sticking pins in a voodoo doll I made of you already. ๐Ÿ˜

I should be a character from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Bottom.
Bottom in this league, bottom in the H2H and bottom of the Super 6.
Didn't he turn into a donkey as well?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th May 2023, 4:26 PM

I should be a character from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Bottom.
Bottom in this league, bottom in the H2H and bottom of the Super 6.
Didn't he turn into a donkey as well?

Well, now you come to mention it, the thought did cross my mind