I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,423

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 9th June 2022, 12:30 PM

I think the crux is that if they do and Starmer and Rayner stand down then the Rebel Alliance will use that as the crowbar to get that lying fat bastard out of number 10.

I think that's right - the "lying toe-rag wouldn't do the decent thing" line it's too big a weapon for Lab/Lib?Green/SNP to have in their arsenal.
Downside is Momentum will come charging back in trying to hijack the party again - resurrecting the dead corpse of Corbyn.
I think the sensible crowd will prevail though - but it would help if there was a strong leader in the wings.

Don't kid yourself Chip there are people all around him that fancy the big chair. All it will take is a stalking horse to enter the paddock and they'll make themselves known. Politics is just showbiz for ugly people and everyone in the house of commons on both sides on the house firmly believe that they could run the country if they got the chance.

I get that.
Just hope the right people are being lined up.
This lot in power are so eminently defeatable it's important the Party doesn't implode just at the wrong moment..

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 9th June 2022, 2:25 PM

Don't kid yourself Chip there are people all around him that fancy the big chair. All it will take is a stalking horse to enter the paddock and they'll make themselves known. Politics is just showbiz for ugly people and everyone in the house of commons on both sides on the house firmy believe that they could run the country if they got the chance.

There might be people who want the job, it's whether they can get the support. And Boris supporters in the media and elsewhere are already playing the Brexit card, and suggesting ousting Boris is a remoaner conspiracy to bring down Brexit. Project Fear will shore up a lot of support for him.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th June 2022, 2:32 PM

Boris supporters in the media and elsewhere are already playing the Brexit card, and suggesting ousting Boris is a remoaner conspiracy to bring down Brexit. Project Fear will shore up a lot of support for him.

it's literally all he's got.
Apparently we can't have Brexit. without Boris.
And there's me thinking he'd Got Brexit Done.

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th June 2022, 2:37 PM

it's literally all he's got.
Apparently we can't have Brexit. without Boris.
And there's me thinking he'd Got Brexit Done.

It is all he's got but it's a big card. And in the absence of any big Brexity alternative leaders it might be enough to save him.

The Brexit bollocks is dead in the water, the only people clinging onto it are the loons. The sensible ones who wanted a real Brexit that had dividends and advantages have sadly realised that they've been done like mugs.
Make no mistake Fat Arse is on his last legs. He's now being pulled in all directions by factions who smell blood in the water. In all honesty as it stands The Fat Arse Liar is in the situation of a 'Reverse Whip'.
He is no longer sending his whips out to threaten and cajole. Now he is stating potential policy and then waiting for the whips to get back from the Tea Rooms to see if he can move forward with it.?
Apparently he's now going to let people on the dole buy their houses off housing associations at 70% discounts . The fact the government don't own them seems to have been lost in the detail.I'm sure they will want to ask the courts why a government is allowed to sell house of cheaply that they don't own.
Starmer needs to ask if this will apply to tenants of private landlords? I would imagine the 'Buy To Letters' who now own all the council houses would be slightly opposed to being made to sell off their portfolios at a 70% loss.

My god, it's none stop with you lot.
Take a minute then you might realise it's all pie in the sky.
Labour will never be in power again, no matter how much you beat your chests.
And I'm glad.
There was a time that no one changed their allegiances to another party but just look to the last GE.
They're not going back.

So equally that applies the other way? Thats good news as all the Tory landlords that wil have to sell their houses for buttons to immigrants on benifits could be found turning a tad liberal.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th June 2022, 5:02 PM

My god, it's none stop with you lot.
Take a minute then you might realise it's all pie in the sky.
Labour will never be in power again, no matter how much you beat your chests.
And I'm glad.
There was a time that no one changed their allegiances to another party but just look to the last GE.
They're not going back.

Just want to make the world a fairer place, Steve.
You can't blame us for trying.
And, frankly, you getting all cross and shouty about it won't change that.
So, if you don't find the conversation to your taste, you might be best staying out of it.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th June 2022, 2:21 PM

From what I've seen of the Tory rebels there's not a Luke, Han or Chewy amongst them. And like Emperor Palpatine, Boris will still survive for a legacy sequel even after he's been thrown down an air shaft.

He is more akin to Jabba the Hut

Britain's economy is forecast to slow to a standstill next year as it suffers more than any other major industrial country from the effects of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
The UK will grow by 3.6% in 2022 before posting zero growth in 2023, according to the Paris-based thinktank the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD), with inflation expected to average 8.8% this year and fall only slightly to 7.4% in 2023.

Keep on getting on with the job of doing what's SHIT for the British public fatty - zero growth

What I don't understand is why people keep supporting one political team or the other. It seems naive to me. They are all full of drug addled sexually perverted crooks who only have abilities in destroying everything and pretending that they are being liberal when getting ever closer to the dictatorial ways of Islamic fundamentalist terrorists. Much the same is true because of their policies of all of the institutions which now closely resemble asylums.
I did work for three weeks in a hospital for the mentally ill in 1984. The one where Bowie's half brother lived. It was a much saner place than life is now.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 9th June 2022, 7:26 PM

What I don't understand is why people keep supporting one political team or the other. It seems naive to me. They are all full of drug addled sexually perverted crooks who only have abilities in destroying everything and pretending that they are being liberal when getting ever closer to the dictatorial ways of Islamic fundamentalist terrorists. Much the same is true because of their policies of all of the institutions which now closely resemble asylums.
I did work for three weeks in a hospital for the mentally ill in 1984. The one where Bowie's half brother lived. It was a much saner place than life is now.

.... was was waiting for something about aliens or you being married to the Pope

It's utterly bizarre reading a post of yours that's 'normal' !

Why the moment of clarity? Your prescription finally ran out pal?!

He is who he is if anyone derives pleasure from writing then their efforts are not in vain.

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th June 2022, 7:48 PM

.... was was waiting for something about aliens or you being married to the Pope

It's utterly bizarre reading a post of yours that's 'normal' !

Why the moment of clarity? Your prescription finally ran out pal?!

Someone wrote it for me.