Things that cheer you up

As an antidote to the Things that Piss you off Thread
What are things that cheer you up

Knowing the forum I have a feeling that this thread will die a quick death
And in a strange way that does cheer me up otherwise it wouldn't be the BCG

But I saw footage of a Ukranian lady offering sunflower seeds to a Russian soldier ( the reasoning was quite dark but it did cheer me up )

I manoeuvred my hungry Cat so that his arse was in show during a particularly boring team meeting on zoom today

We recently put a bird feeder in the back garden which has become quite a hit especially for our local cheeky squirrel

I know it's much much easier to be negative than positive, but if anyone gives it a try It would definitely cheer me up

Seeing the photos/videos of our two grandchildren my daughter sends through (over 1500 now) on the digital photo frame my son bought for my wife at Christmas - being housebound, it brings enormous pleasure to her, and a tear in my eye, as she comments on it every day, 'cos with that many it always seems you never see the same one twice.

Waking up in the morning.Although it tends to go down hill from there.

Quote: psmith @ 5th March 2022, 12:21 AM

Waking up in the morning............

Reminds me of Dean Martin's famous quip - "I feel sorry for people who don't drink, 'cos when they get up in the morning, that's the best they are going to feel all day"

The thing about becoming an alcoholic is you don't realise it's happening to you. You're too pissed.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with string...

Felt the sun on my back this morning and it was actually hot.

Potting on tomato seedlings.

Does this count ? .................been married 56 years today, and it's on the same day of the week.

Most things done by the muppets.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th March 2022, 9:34 AM

Does this count ? .................been married 56 years today, and it's on the same day of the week.

Congratulations.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th March 2022, 9:39 AM

Most things done by the muppets.

Congratulations.

Fankoo

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th March 2022, 9:41 AM

Fankoo

You are most welcome.

I have to say that the timing on your part was very savvy.

Genius even.

You obviously decided to arrange it so as to consummate it several times before fully focussing on cheering on England to victory in the World Cup.

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th March 2022, 9:33 AM

Felt the sun on my back this morning and it was actually hot.

Potting on tomato seedlings.

Me chitting tatties are looking at me, and I'm looking at them. They should have been in a while back but....

Too wet round here for spuds yet.

What a great idea for a thread Mr Sunshine.

Angle Delight cheers me up.

Sometimes I think about the Spice Girls in the nude. Other times, I keep my clothes on for it.