Things that cheer you up Page 4

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 13th April 2022, 6:27 PM

I'm strange during the day, and I'm stranger in the night.

Exchanging glances?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 13th April 2022, 6:27 PM

I'm strange during the day, and I'm stranger in the night.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th April 2022, 7:39 PM

Exchanging glances?

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!

(Who's gonna be first to do the next bit?)

Your Chalfonts giving you gyp again?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th April 2022, 7:49 AM

Your Chalfonts giving you gyp again?

I had to google 'chalfonts', that's a new one on me! (The word, not the experience, of which I am intimately familiar).

I was actually expecting someone to sing 'Danny Boy', like from the sitcom Nightingales when they get hypnotised and sing 'Strangers in the Night', then 'I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts', then 'Danny Boy the pipes are calling'. Imagine my surprise when I read your post instead!

Politicians like Shirley Williams who appeared to be in politics for the greater good. Often tipped for greatness she turned down a leadership opportunity and left a party more likely to win her a seat. She always seemed driven by principle, and yet we ended up with Boris.

Quote: Firkin @ 14th April 2022, 10:09 PM

Politicians like Shirley Williams who appeared to be in politics for the greater good. Often tipped for greatness she turned down a leadership opportunity and left a party more likely to win her a seat. She always seemed driven by principle, and yet we ended up with Boris.

I liked Shirl too and as a matter fact I once met her once when I happened to be walking past a lanurbam tree. She was with her mother, Vera Lynn Britains, and they were each enjoying a sausage roll. I said "hi". They said "hi" which surprised me as I thought they would be "hello" people". Then everyones around us said "hi". It was really nice. Sadly I had to rush home as my collie dog was saying to me that I needed to put his plug in. That was why I then bought a lady dogs. Less demanding on the electricity front though what I didn't expect was the other stroppiness I have encounterd.

A week in France - now sadly over.
Good food, fine wine & cheap(er) diesel.

The sun shining on my face.

Here comes the son.
Just worked out how to make cheese small. Grate!

Just made a bowl of raspberry jelly, to have with custard, for afties tonight. Takes me right back, with a big smile on my face

What has really cheered me up is finding out that Leslie Phillips turns the ripe old age of 96 next Thursday.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd April 2022, 3:18 PM

Just made a bowl of raspberry jelly, to have with custard, for afties tonight. Takes me right back, with a big smile on my face

You just need some jam sponge to go with it. Or would that be just a trifle too much?

Worked out how to stop my cat running away. Nailed it.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd April 2022, 5:11 PM

You just need some jam sponge to go with it. Or would that be just a trifle too much?

Tararrrrrrr! I................thangyow

Worked out how to put on a condom. It's a wrap.