BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 5

Quote: Chappers @ 26th July 2021, 8:38 PM

I'm waiting for the beast to arrive.

He might not. Huh?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th July 2021, 11:02 AM

I see your 10 monopoly pounds, and raise you a Waterworks.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th July 2021, 9:42 AM

That's right! Laugh yer effin' head off..............................(where are your friends when you need a bit of sympathy). Teary

RIGHT!

One knicker?

Half - 10 Bob, that's all I dare risk against jammy balls.

I need some sort of pet.

Does anyone know where I can buy a baa lamb or a moo cow?

Farmer Giles, but you'll need to catch when he's in a good mood and not suffering.

Have secured an hour or two to PM some more BCGers. Had no luck with the lot I PMed last weekend though. :( Anyone have any ideas on who to try?

Will also give a reminder PM to current players who still haven't rejoined. Just two weeks left to get your teams in! Wave

And did you know the FPL have added an exciting new Cup competition between teams in our own leagues? Main leagues only, not H2H.

And there is a new award in our league for best new Team Name. Current leader is Horseradish for Acapingdemicals. :) The prize is a bar of virtual nutty slack. Comp only runs for first week, after which you can revert back to your boring old name.

Will there be a cartoon/funny graphic competition, the same as last year? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th July 2021, 3:43 PM

................... after which you can revert back to your boring old name.

Boring? Moi? I thought mine was quite clever, with memories of jackets for goalposts etc. and 20 odd players (+plus a couple of dogs) in each team on the local rec. kicking hell out of each other.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th July 2021, 3:20 PM

I know I'm pissing in the wind, but is anyone prepared to say they are investing 9.5 mill. into Sancho?

I'm excited by the prospect but then I'm biased. I don't think I'll go GW1 on him unless he appears in at least one friendly as he's unlikely to start otherwise. Plus he needs to adapt to a new team and league but I doubt it will take long.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th July 2021, 12:19 PM

Farmer Giles, but you'll need to catch when he's in a good mood and not suffering.

Thanks very much.

Very helpful.

Am I right to assume that this is the famous Farmer R B Giles who simply altered the letters of his own name to create the word gerbils?

No that was Tara. She liked a rodent.

Ah yes, Tara Boom-De-ay - the old music hall singer.

No.

Tara the Terrier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5291641/Terrier-Tara-killed-600-rats-rid-Durham-rodents.html

I suppose I ought to start talking about my team selection so as if nothing else to show that I understand what thread my three piece suit is pinned to and also to provide a constructive steer to people who are new to it.

I suggest:

Goalkeepers

Jurgen Klomp, Thomas Toucan-Bird

Defence

Patrick Pereira, Grayson Skirt-Potter, Raffles Isla Bonita, Thomas NSU Wankel Engine, Michael Lambretta

Midfield

Little Ralph Hasslehut, David Boycie, Nudie Spirit Guide Saintus, Steve Brutus, Wally Gunner Soldierscar

Forwards

Sean Douche, Marcel Marceau Beelzebeb, Daniel Fukka

To be fair, there are only five other players who will guarantee you any success. Those are Wolfie Smith, Brendan I Rogered'er, Sanfran C Nabisco, Bruno Largesse Tonioli, and Sir Lord Peffermint Guardyergranola.

Thank you for your enquiry. I do hope that my reply is helpful.;

You missed out the two Russian players Inov the Red and Serge Sute.....................

I thangyow, don't mention it, the oldies are the best

Yes, very good, if a trifle misleading to new entrants. I do know you are you but I have always picked up on the fact that you also carry a muse. I have never been able to place it before but tonight I'm getting very strong rhythms along my ley lines of Christina Aguilera. Call me uncanny but am I right or am I right?