BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 9

Some people want to show off how many leagues they are in. Some people without contacts don't have any leagues to join. But I guess it was more the former. But I'm just guessing this is what happened as I had to guess the last time. I never found out because the FPL just cut and paste the help section answer which I followed a thousand times and doesn't work. No one looks into why we've been infiltrated!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th August 2021, 10:44 PM

But there are no prizes for winning our league so what's the point?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th August 2021, 10:41 PM

Found two possible solutions via google. Do either of these help - or even make sense?

1. if you are the admin, you can delete/ban them. It's easy

Enter on your league and on top appears "Table", "Forum", "Administer".. click in Administer and then click in Add league suspensions, and click the names you want out..

you can also close the league for new entries to avoid those problems

2. You can: go to Administer - type their first name (case sensitive) and they'll pop up for you to suspend. Click their entry and suspend.

They don't work Billy. I've googled and googled, emailed both FPL and developers, they all say this, but the facility is not functional.

Please create a new league, takes seconds, put the code up here, I'll join. Then you as the Administrator try to suspend or delete me.

If you can suspend, suspend

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th August 2021, 10:19 PM

Already I don't understand what's going on.

Well so far Arsenal are still rubbish
That's as much as I know

IT DOESN'T WORK. Try it for yourself please, do what I just asked Billy to do. I'm still here.

This is turning into a f**king nightmare, and we've only just started. :(

AND.....

Harry Kane "Lack of match fitness - 75% chance of playing" WTF!! What about all the other players, or has he been sulking and sitting on his arse eating crisps and choccy bars to comfort himself since the Euros.

I really don't know why I bother - so f**king pissed off with the whole shebang already Angry

Alf,

I've started a new league as requested. Will PM you the details. You can join and I'll have a go at deleting you in the morning.

Okay I've joined.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th August 2021, 11:48 PM

This is turning into a f**king nightmare, and we've only just started. :(

Not really, it's nothing that can't be sorted out by just starting a new league with a stronger code. No drama. We'll then be as we used to be within a few days, a nice little clique on our own. The player base has exploded in recent years and some of the codes given out are too weak. No other reason seems logical. The H2H is untouched by intruders.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 12:24 AM

Not really, it's nothing that can't be sorted out by just starting a new league with a stronger code. No drama. We'll then be as we used to be within a few days, a nice little clique on our own. The player base has exploded in recent years and some of the codes given out are too weak. No other reason seems logical. The H2H is untouched by intruders.

My main grizzle was about Kane ;)

BUT I thought you said the codes were generated, so how is starting again going to cure that if the world and its mother infiltrates again with random number punching?

And, why is the H2H untouched?

And, best of luck to you and Billy - I sincerely hope you can find a solution; BUT of course, you shouldn't have to resort to this. Bloody FPL admin. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2021, 12:45 AM

BUT I thought you said the codes were generated, so how is starting again going to cure that if the world and its mother infiltrates again with random number punching?

We'll choose a harder code with mixed letters and numbers. Plus once we're all in again, there is a Close to new members button which does work.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2021, 12:45 AM

And, why is the H2H untouched?

It has a harder code with numbers and letters plus I'm guessing players want to join main leagues more than H2H leagues.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 1:10 AM

........... there is a Close to new members button which does work.

Then why, with the experience of last season, wasn't that used this time? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 1:10 AM

It has a harder code with numbers and letters plus I'm guessing players want to join main leagues more than H2H leagues.

The why, (snigger) are there only 4 players in the BCG Clique? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2021, 6:02 AM

Then why, with the experience of last season, wasn't that used this time? Whistling nnocently

Well then we wouldn't have had any of us join. We wouldn't have a league. You can obviously only use it once you've got your players in. It's exactly why I was repeatedly trying to hurry players joining, but unfortunately five of them left it till the last week. And also it's never happened before, until the last week of last season. It could be something else entirely that's causing it, I'm just guessing at poor code security.

Ok, Alf. I've suspended you from my league.

I put in Alf Kipper in the "suspend player" box (although I didn't have to type the whole name before it came up with you as the option). Then the button became active and Bob's your uncle.

Is your suspend player button greyed out at any time or black? Black is functional, grey is non functional. Whatever I do I can't get the button to turn black.

I've put in dozens of names. Nothing ever happens! I'll be back here later, but we need someone to start anew as said before. My admin page is just not functional on two buttons.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 7:24 AM

Is your suspend player button greyed out at any time or black? Black is functional, grey is non functional. Whatever I do I can't get the button to turn black.

It started off grey but became active (a purple-ish colour if I remember rightly) as soon as it recognised your name.

You do have to go in via the wheel to the far right of the league name in your list of leagues & cups and then press on "administer" or you won't be able to perform any admin duties. I wonder if you've been omitting to do that?

If it still doesn't work for you, do you want to see if you can transfer administrator duties to me and I'll see if it works for me.

Failing that we can use the code for the league I set up, for which the option to suspend interlopers appears to work (I'll change the league name to something more universally appropriate).

Will I be getting new League code soon?