BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 3

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th July 2021, 10:07 AM

I'll PM you the code soon. Yes as a BCG Pro you are more than welcome. The odd post on this thread about how your team is doing is all we ask, but there are no real limits.

I just need a few more days to find out if the gamemakers have managed to revitalise the adminner functions I need to get rid of last season's gatecrashers from all over the world. I'll give it till the 20th.

The reason for this is it's going to be far easier and more successful to PM both the league codes at the same time to current members and new members here, if needed. And I don't have them yet. I'm working on the main league code not being needed by current players, as your new FPL team entry will automatically renew your CLIQUE league membership.

But I still don't know if our only way of getting back to genuine BCGers only is to set up a new league. If we have to we'll do that, but it means one or two of the old crew will miss out because they don't see their PMs or respond to them. We want to keep as many genuine members in as poss because it's not a huge league and we've just managed to get it back to a decent number.

I've sent an email off to the gamemakers this morning asking for their help. If I get no reply by end of play Tuesday then we'll start again and members should start getting PMs with the codes around about next weekend. Still plenty of time left for the new season start, which just to remind everyone is FRIDAY 13th August. (Godot are you listening?)

Thanks Alf (and all!)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th July 2021, 2:47 PM

In the past, I've found the FPL team most helpful and quick in answering queries, so I don't understand why they are not responding to you.

They have responded but all they did was cut and paste the advice on their Help page. I knew that already and it doesn't work. There are two vital buttons on the adminners page which are greyed out, one of them is the suspend player.

YES! We don't want that old league to continue with those unwelcome FC's - I still don't understand how the f**k they got hold of the codes, AND on the last week, like they knew they were then in for the new season.

There was no double agent mole, after the negative feedback on Godot's levelling up I was trying to change the adminner, trying everything to get the button to work. It didn't and still doesn't work but the next day I went on there I noticed I'd somehow pressed a button that DID work to unhide the BCG code. They must have tumbled in in that short window.

And yes Alf, if need be, you will have to start a new league. I have a list of all the original members PM addresses if you want to check them, as I was originally going to start all over again.

But that's not ideal Herc because some of the older players here don't check their PMs or respond to them. Meaning we'll lose a few players that way. I'm still holding out for the gamemaker themselves to fix the non functioning buttons. If they don't then yes we'll start again, and just hope as many check their PMs as poss. :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th July 2021, 8:51 PM

They have responded but all they did was cut and paste the advice on their Help page. I knew that already and it doesn't work. There are two vital buttons on the adminners page which are greyed out, one of them is the suspend player.

There was no double agent mole, after the negative feedback on Godot's levelling up I was trying to change the adminner, trying everything to get the button to work. It didn't and still doesn't work but the next day I went on there I noticed I'd somehow pressed a button that DID work to unhide the BCG code. They must have tumbled in in that short window.

But that's not ideal Herc because some of the older players here don't check their PMs or respond to them. Meaning we'll lose a few players that way. I'm still holding out for the gamemaker themselves to fix the non functioning buttons. If they don't then yes we'll start again, and just hope as many check their PMs as poss. :)

Reckon they are up to there eyes in email queries, but that doesn't help you.

If you can give me the codes as soon as you can, I will also PM them all in a double pronged attack, but surely, there is a way of "pasting" the details of all the old crew into a new league? Have you thought of trying that? :)

I can't see a way of doing that on there but you're welcome to try it. As I said a while back, when I googled for a solution all I found were repetitions of the help guide, which assume the buttons work. Our problem is they don't work, they haven't functioned since I've had the admin role. But I saw from comments from other league adminners that theirs don't work either. But there's nothing on how to fix the problem at all. :(

Angry Well, that's bloody insane. Obviously, it's going to be less enjoyment with encroachers and you might lose some of our regulars.

There is one other solution....................................we all join the Clique. :$

No, Big Phil and his lot won't be staying. If we start again I reckon we'll lose a couple, no more. We have one new entrant already, and I reckon there's a few more here to press gang in. Pirate That double pronged attack should do it.

Rejoining the old clique could avoid losses, but how late is Dan going to give us the code again, every season? And we'd have done all the work bringing new members in and not have any control. Eh?

I like the cut of your jib sir - and agree.

I think I got too giddy when the new season opened and picked my team far too early and spent all my dosh.
Grealish might be paddling in the sea and get his big toe nipped by a crab.

See, the moaning is already starting without a ball being kicked :}

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th July 2021, 10:18 AM

I like the cut of your jib sir - and agree.

I think I got too giddy when the new season opened and picked my team far too early.................

Yes, but you can j j j j jiggle it right up to the 13th Aug. with multiple free transfers. I've changed my entire team twice already.

Ah, 3rd season in and I'm still a novice.
I'm upping the bet to 10 monopoly pounds this year.

I see your 10 monopoly pounds, and raise you a Waterworks. my euphemism (what we called it when I was a lad). :$

You don't want to be putting gylfi sigurdsson in your team just yet.

So where are the players etc?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st July 2021, 9:51 PM

?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st July 2021, 9:51 PM

In police custody? Or isolating.

5 good men and true.